News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Nintendo Switch 2: 8-inch LCD concerns show a lack of faith in the innovative Japanese company

Started by Redaktion, January 28, 2024, 19:07:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

It has been widely reported that the Nintendo Switch 2 console will be arriving in 2024 sporting an 8-inch LCD panel. Despite this being unconfirmed information from an analyst, it still has many fans concerned about both the size and display choice for the Switch 2. However, these gamers should remind themselves of just how innovative Nintendo is for a company of its size and prestige.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Nintendo-Switch-2-8-inch-LCD-concerns-show-a-lack-of-faith-in-the-innovative-Japanese-company.797550.0.html

LifePo7

Cameron

Or not. If the performance is below the Xbox Series S, then imo Nintendo could lose a lot of third party developers. It could be the Wii U era all over again, with first party games only. We kind of saw this with all of the sacrifices many games needed on the OG Switch; good luck convincing developers again...

DS27

Quote from: Cameron on January 29, 2024, 01:15:46Or not. If the performance is below the Xbox Series S, then imo Nintendo could lose a lot of third party developers. It could be the Wii U era all over again, with first party games only. We kind of saw this with all of the sacrifices many games needed on the OG Switch; good luck convincing developers again...

Good luck convincing them to make money selling games for the console that sells the most units ?

Games are made for you to have fun. Stop this obsession with graphics, look at the state of the PC gaming market and take a lesson from it.

NintenWho

Quote from: DS27 on January 29, 2024, 02:59:19
Quote from: Cameron on January 29, 2024, 01:15:46Or not. If the performance is below the Xbox Series S, then imo Nintendo could lose a lot of third party developers. It could be the Wii U era all over again, with first party games only. We kind of saw this with all of the sacrifices many games needed on the OG Switch; good luck convincing developers again...

Good luck convincing them to make money selling games for the console that sells the most units ?

Games are made for you to have fun. Stop this obsession with graphics, look at the state of the PC gaming market and take a lesson from it.

What does Switch have to do with PC gaming? unless you count all the people with PC's that run switch emulators just to play Switch games at a decent FPS.

We still don't know the whole story of what Switch 2 will be next. But if it doesn't have AI driven frame generation, it will be a dud generation like every alternating off generation before it. Really wish they had a dock/accelerator type option to push the graphics to higher frames. What frustrates me with Nintendo is something like that would be worth more than some cludgy new accessory/gimmick that doesn't really work.

DS27

Games must be made with the limitations of mobile hardware in mind, the problem is incompetent devs and companies, always. Fake frames and upscaling are rubbish and a cancer that is making devs even more sloppy in the PC gaming market.

John Doe

Listen, Nintendo is making 2 systems people. One 8"ultra light handheld that will have connectivity to the second system, a dedicated home console with a whole new controller scheme, think pro controller only better and with HD rumble. Two systems one for the portable market and a hone console for the 4k market. Thanks

maks

everyone's memory is always so short when it comes to Nintendo. they always knock it out of the park in a distinct way. their consistent sales over the past few generations are more than enough proof.

George

Ok, count me as ONE that thinks that the current Switch is TO BIG.

The old 3DS is about as big as is "comfortable" to me.

Bigger is not always better.

Fragslayer

I think this just shows people love to complain more than anything. Even the renderings don't do it much justice. The OG, Lite & OLED had a ton of wasted space with the black bezel crap. They will have to compete with the current portables whether everyone wants them to or not. Nintendo will find a good form factor that'll be much MUCH better then it's competition. The size is definitely not a issue worth articles about.

Now if the size and choice for LCD is true I simply hope they don't wait and launch a OLED alongside it. They got their capital back and then some with the Wii U debacle. They pull that now I'll definitely get a anti-consumer vibe and I won't bite. It's our choice if I want to sacrifice battery for a far far superior picture. Especially Nintendo games they are just made for OLED panels they pop and just add so much to the games. Playing Super Mario Wonders on the OG vs OLED is night and day I can't play it on the OG at all.

My hope is they have the "Standard" and "Super" (I hate "Pro" uninspired) just take a note from Xbox. The Standard will sell the most and the Super is for the heavy and enthusiast player's. As for the rest, this is Nintendo you can count on them making a Worthy successor. Save the pitchforks for after it's officially announced and you've held one.

Zoinksfromspace

Quote from: DS27 on January 29, 2024, 11:05:46Games must be made with the limitations of mobile hardware in mind, the problem is incompetent devs and companies, always. Fake frames and upscaling are rubbish and a cancer that is making devs even more sloppy in the PC gaming market.
that makes literally no sense. What would be the incentive in creating better hardware is you can never use the better hardware because you have to impose limits to make it payable on a lesser console. That's what was wrong with the majority of games that released on ps4 that were intended to be played on the ps5 being scaled back and almost garbage.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview