News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Casio launches G-SHOCK RANGEMAN smartwatches to track health and location across the toughest of outdoor adventures

Started by Redaktion, January 06, 2024, 09:12:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Casio has launched the RANGEMAN series, a new series of solar-powered, smartwatches that combine the toughness of a G-SHOCK with the benefits of a health tracker. The shock and drop proof body protects the watch while the GPS keeps adventurers on track through wet and muddy treks.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Casio-launches-G-SHOCK-RANGEMAN-smartwatches-to-track-health-and-location-across-the-toughest-of-outdoor-adventures.789943.0.html

George

Finally!! (well ALMOST!)

In the past I was a BIG fan of Casio watches. Namely the 'Explorer' and 'G-Shock' ones that were BOTH Solar powered and set themselves with the Atomic Clock in Colorado.

Given that they were nearly indestructible, solar powered and self setting I really could not imagine ever having to replace one. Sure enough the handful of them I own are still working today.

However in 2024 there are no 'smarts' to the older Casio's. While the 'Explorer' series had Compass, Elevation & Temperature measurements they did not have any BIO measurements nor could they be linked to your cell phone for alerts or other functions.

I've always wondered WHY Casio never dipped their toe's into the Smart Watch market as it seemed to be a natural progression for them.

With this latest offering I can see why.

While my hope is/was for something that married the functionality of Classic Casio watches with the features of modern smart watches at a reasonable price point it appears that Casio went the 'Apple route' (or Garmin?) here with a $500 (over priced) wonder.

I'll pass on this first offering in hopes that they come out with a more affordable device.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview