News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Tesla’s $144 ultrasonic sensor cost savings lead to a parking functionality gap for frustrated new owners

Started by Redaktion, December 06, 2022, 20:32:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Honey D clown

Imagine dropping 150K on a Model S and finding this out,while sitting in your 1970's Buick vinyl seats?

indy

Been driving for 30+ years. Somehow, I have gone that entire time using my eyes and head to keep awareness of my surroundings so that I have zero accidents.

I cannot imagine what generations of people think when they rely on imperfect technology to get them from point A to B and pay dearly for the privilege.

It is both comically funny as well as morbidly sad.

David Ruddick

I ordered a new model Y with all its tech features and was shocked to find mine didn't even have basic sonic parking assist front and back. The car I test drove had these basic features, and this large car with limited rear view really needs it to park in very tight places, which I do every day. I would never buy a car without these and Tesla have not supplied the car I ordered.
I had to pay cash before seeing the car and was not aware these sensors had been removed, downgrading it. I feel cheated-tesla vision coming soon isn't good enough.
What will they discontinue next to make it cheaper to build-heating or air con?

Consumers Matter

For customers who did not buy the "Enhanced (!?!) Auto-Pilot" feature for $6,000, they have a big car to park without the aid of ultrasonic sensors (or the equivalent).  Can consumers park these cars without these bells and whistles?  Sure.  But I can also drive a car that does not have automatic temperature control but greatly prefer driving cars that have it.  Been driving over 40+ years and cannot recall the last time I was in a large vehicle without these sensors (or equivalent).  Value for money spent matters and the absence of these sensors reduces the value of the car I purchased.

For customers who did buy the "Enhanced(!?!) package, they are entitled to receive what the company clearly offers since they were charged the full $6,000.  Whether another driver feels he or she needs those features is really irrelevant.

Free enterprise doesn't mean freedom to bilk consumers out of their money by charging for features that are not fully available. 

Our free enterprise system does mean each customer is entitled to decide what features are or are not important.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview