News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Jaw-droppingly priced RTX 4080 is selling like hot cakes on Newegg

Started by Redaktion, December 16, 2022, 12:27:06

Previous topic - Next topic

JackBnimble

This is a horrible metric to go off of, it doesn't take into account the availability of the cards mentioned.  The whole reason the ZOCRAP is even in the mix is because there's a S-ton of stock.  If the 4090 was available at MSRP to everyone who wanted to buy one, it would easily be #1.  My guess is the people buying the 4080 probably wanted a 4090, but you can't find them anywhere. The 4080's are hard to find but not at all impossible.  The price/performance ratio of an MSRP 4080 is much better than a scalped 4090. If you need a new GPU and want a Nvidia card it makes  sense.

NikoB

I would generally ban games for children and young adults. An empty pastime for hours and days on end, instead of a valuable education and understanding of a world that is heading towards the abyss ...

Bobby Kay

I call b*******! This is just more fake news and a paid advertisement from Nvidia to sell more of their useless POS 4080 bricks!

Also did you hear the news that Nvidia is removing the game stream feature from their Nvidia Shield TVs?! Nvidia is a low life Dirtbag company that deserves to go under moving forward. Nvidia is boycotted in my book as I will never buy anything in video the rest of my entire life!

Bobby Kay

I call bullshit! This is just more fake news and a paid advertisement from Nvidia to sell more of their useless POS 4080 bricks!

Also did you hear the news that Nvidia is removing the Gamestream feature from their Nvidia Shield TVs?! Nvidia is a low life Dirtbag company that deserves to go under. Nvidia is boycotted in my book as I will never buy anything Nvidia the rest of my entire life!

ScottS

Quote from: NikoB on December 17, 2022, 13:10:25I would generally ban games for children and young adults. An empty pastime for hours and days on end, instead of a valuable education and understanding of a world that is heading towards the abyss ...
Ignorance at its best, hell WOW taught me to get better at math n calculations and management skills via managing a guild and people skills that weren't available to me otherwise and great friendships that have lasted 20+ years. Everything in moderation is key. Ok on topic I was lucky to grab a 4090 fe and if I hadn't I would never consider the 4080, this article is bogus.

NikoB

Quote from: ScottS on December 17, 2022, 13:48:34hell WOW taught me to get better at math n calculations and management
Well, except at the school level. 2+2? How many textbooks could be read during this time and smart books to improve self-education and increase income...

Singleton

I am still happy and satisfied that I've pick up a Gigabyte Radeon RX 6600 Eagle 8GB GPU back in early April 2022 for $499 AUD as an upgrade to my ageing yet still capable Gigabyte Radeon R7 370 WindForce 2X OC 2GB GPU rather than waiting for the RTX 4000 series and RX 7000 series GPU's.

NikoB

Quote from: Mr Economy on December 17, 2022, 14:51:29Fake news, scalper shill drivel lol
To play multiplayer with real adrenaline (for the sake of it everything is started) and then under the armpits, super graphics are not needed. You need super fast reactions to be in the top. Medium graphics quality.

In the single-player version (where all these prettinesses are just important) any game, for the alternatively gifted, well, except for the elementary grades of the school, and even then it is better for schoolchildren to learn mathematics and physics for a start (in order to understand what is happening at least in an electrical outlet), since The US lags far behind China's overall school and college students in this regard, according to a variety of well-known tests.

Aeosura

4080s are only "selling like hotcakes" because all the stock was bought up by scalpers hoping to make a quick buck, but since no one reasonable's buying an overpriced 4080, scalpers are trying to get them refunded on Newegg. BUT since Newegg dropped the return policy for 4080s, scalpers are stuck with them while Newegg can "claim" that 4080s are "selling like hotcakes" to entice regular consumers to buy overpriced 4080s now that the scalpers have stopped buying any of the new stock coming in.

We're not idiots. notebookchat is going to quickly lose trust by promoting garbage shillful journalism. If this keeps up I'm removing them from my newsfeed.

Biornson hawok

NIX

Lol do some research before writing articles.

The only reason the 4080 sold well was because of card scalpers buying up all the stock immediately...and now those scalpers are struggling to sell them because places like newegg have stopped doing refunds because of this.

There are 4080s online that can't sell at the msrp right now in bulk.

Robert Childers

As being newer to this it seems that some off shoots of the 30 and 40series are rather unique, not only in reduced performance or not stabile enough. Not against ventus but id pause and check out the 10 3070's 3090's, 40's. What seemed to win over the array of models were TI, Gaming, and X models, spec per $. Am i on the right path?🤔

ShinigamiKOT

Can't believe how people actually went for the 8gb 3060. I'll just assume they weren't informed how bad it is tho before buying something I'm always researching the product's performance and compare it with others lol

RERE123

Quote from: NIX on December 17, 2022, 20:22:26Lol do some research before writing articles.

The only reason the 4080 sold well was because of card scalpers buying up all the stock immediately...and now those scalpers are struggling to sell them because places like newegg have stopped doing refunds because of this.

There are 4080s online that can't sell at the msrp right now in bulk.

Where is your evidence? Yeah there stock, likely because Nvidia sold a lot more 4080 chips.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview