News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel Core i5-8260U debut: BMAX B5 Pro G7H8 mini PC review

Started by Redaktion, November 16, 2022, 19:42:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Can a years old 8th gen Intel CPU keep up with the latest 12th gen options? Surprisingly yes so long as you don't plan on running anything graphics intensive. Its retail price of under $300 USD is hard to pass up for many HTPC setups.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-i5-8260U-debut-BMAX-B5-Pro-G7H8-mini-PC-review.668208.0.html

DaDude

Allen,

I greatly appreciated this review and just ordered the BMAX on Amazon (incl. tax ~$300). This is the perfect replacement for my ancient desktop. During the day it will be a working machine and at night I will schedule transcode with TDARR (Quicksync HEVC), which I currently run on one of my servers via NVENC. I am even considering hosting plex on it, due to no transcode limitations on Quicksync (vs 3 on NVENC).
I was considering for quite a while to upgrade one of my servers and/or get a Mac Mini. This is a more cost effective solution.

Brendon Cleeve

@DaDude How much are do they pay you for promoting their terrible products?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview