News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Elon Musk got sold on futuristic Tesla Model 2 design and its mass production sharing with the robotaxi

Started by Redaktion, September 09, 2023, 12:56:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

What sealed the deal for Elon Musk to greenlight the production of Tesla's cheapest car, dubbed the Model 2, was its design. 'When one of these comes around a corner, people will think they are seeing something from the future,' he reportedly quipped.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Elon-Musk-got-sold-on-futuristic-Tesla-Model-2-design-and-its-mass-production-sharing-with-the-robotaxi.748116.0.html

Patrick Sills

A $25,000 EV for the masses would be a good thing provided it's not some puny Fiat 500-sized car with pathetic range, but what I can't get past is Elon's vision of robotaxis and the colossal loss of driving jobs that would result. I will never so much as set foot in a car that drives itself. Ever.

neblogai

I, on the other hand, will be absolutely happy when self driving cars arrive. Driving the same boring highways is such a pain, I will absolutely enjoy doing better things instead (sleeping, consuming media, eating, working, etc). As for the drivers- there will be more productive jobs for them too. And on top this all, self driving means that way less cars will be needed overall (helping the environment), as it will become a lot cheaper to rent from a pool of self driving cars, than for everyone to own their own car and have it sit idle 90% of the time. Plus, a car coming for you on demand means that parking space on your street will stop being an issue. So many issues are solved with self driving, it is great to see E. Musk pushing it this hard.

rubaxter

You mean the Robo-taxi that has YET to be even designed ..., even by companies that are actually working towards REAL Full Self Driving, instead of blue-smoke-and-mirrors Slightly Better Autopilot?!

the Robo-taxi what was going to make a 100% ROI soooo quickly that INTELLIGENT people were asking why Tesla didn't just move into the taxi business with such a license to print money??!!

Paul W.

Tesla has a long way to go to produce fully self driving cars.  Safety is the number one problem and Tesla keeps failing to produce a safe autonomous vehicle. Only Mercedes was the only maker so far to release one to the market as full self driving that passed all safety standards.  Mercedes usually beats all other car makers on technology.  Govt agencies including and many will agree that autonomous vehicles is a great feature to have to eliminate road rage, manslaughter, DUI, less mental stress, eliminate rude or wreckless driving on the road, lower insurance rates, eliminate traffic tickets, etc. The benefits outweigh the risks. Only selfish and cocky people will want to prevent autonomous technology.

Vince

Quote from: neblogai on September 09, 2023, 18:27:19Driving the same boring highways is such a pain, I will absolutely enjoy doing better things instead (sleeping, consuming media, eating, working, etc).

Wow it's what I do everyday in my bus/train...

anan

Quote from: Vince on September 11, 2023, 04:00:10Wow it's what I do everyday in my bus/train...
You mean you were sleeping, consuming media, eating, working, etc on bus/train during your commute? I wouldn't even listen to music on my headphones if I was sitting in a seat where I would block another passenger.
Commute by car is by far the "premium" version where you have to pay the price of forced activity of driving yourself.
On the subject at hand - everyone knows that self driving cars are coming and there's money to be made. This will happen and at some point you might not even have an option of a human driver.

Skalamanga

Quote from: Vince on September 11, 2023, 04:00:10
Quote from: neblogai on September 09, 2023, 18:27:19Driving the same boring highways is such a pain, I will absolutely enjoy doing better things instead (sleeping, consuming media, eating, working, etc).

Wow it's what I do everyday in my bus/train...

My commute is 20-30 minutes by car, but over 2 hours by public transport, including 40 minutes walking.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview