News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

MSI GE76 Raider 11UH in review: High-end gaming laptop offers fast 360 Hz display

Started by Redaktion, September 08, 2021, 05:02:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

MSI has equipped the GE76 Raider with a new CPU and Nvidia's GeForce RTX 3080, which is currently the most powerful graphics card for laptops. Our review will reveal what the new features are. Update: Better multi-core performance in the production model.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-GE76-Raider-11UH-in-review-High-end-gaming-laptop-offers-fast-360-Hz-display.558970.0.html

Yngmar

State of the art is 16:10 4k displays with >500 nits brightness. This isn't state of the art, this is using up old display panels. Which is fine, someone's gotta use those too. Just don't call it state of the art.

GE76

The HDMI spec is 2.1 not 2.0b

Better get it right....

storage-asset.msi.com/specSheet/us/nb/GE76%20Raider%2011UH-245.pdf

Manuel M

The display is so dim because of MSI True Color defaulting to sRGB mode.
Not that it is much brighter on other modes, but at least not so bad.
What's weird is that you can't use USB-C for display with graphics card in discrete mode. iGPU must be enabled.

Dude what

Quote from: Yngmar on September 08, 2021, 15:45:44
State of the art is 16:10 4k displays with >500 nits brightness. This isn't state of the art, this is using up old display panels. Which is fine, someone's gotta use those too. Just don't call it state of the art.

4k is a waste of computational power on 17 inches display, especially on a gaming laptop.
State of the art is quite a subjective definition.

Dorby

@Dude what:

Absolutely not. 4KUHD on 17" is 250ppi, same as on iPad Pro and 12-14" Ultrabooks with QHD screen.

People are buying this for both productivity AND entertainment, many who spend this much on a laptop definitely want that sharpness and clarity on their display. I am one of those people.

Dude what

Quote from: Dorby on September 16, 2021, 05:21:44
@Dude what:

Absolutely not. 4KUHD on 17" is 250ppi, same as on iPad Pro and 12-14" Ultrabooks with QHD screen.

People are buying this for both productivity AND entertainment, many who spend this much on a laptop definitely want that sharpness and clarity on their display. I am one of those people.

Nobody is buying these for productivity as there are much better options around for that

Alexander Broner

I'm a little confused about the fan noise section. The article states that fan noise gets up to 55 db. The 10UH article indicates it was was considerably quieter and the graph looks very similar to the 11UH. Is this a typo? Also, I miss the Witcher fan noise data, can this be added?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview