News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel Meteor Lake mobile lineup leaks with up to 14-core Core i9 as 128 EU Alchemist+ Xe LPG iGPU might also be on the cards

Started by Redaktion, July 09, 2023, 01:49:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Intel is expected to launch the Meteor Lake CPUs in the coming months. Per a new leak from Moore's Law Is Dead, the mobile Meteor Lake lineup will range from low-power MTL-U to 45 W MTL-H chips with up to 14 cores. The leaker also claims that the Xe LPG iGPU featured inside the MTL processors could pack up to 33% more cores than the Iris Xe inside the Raptor Lake CPUs.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Meteor-Lake-mobile-lineup-leaks-with-up-to-14-core-Core-i9-as-128-EU-Alchemist-Xe-LPG-iGPU-might-also-be-on-the-cards.732623.0.html

Mr Majestyk

Two years ago Intel put up a slide that said Meteor Lake would be using 192 EU with Battlemage and would be released in 2022. Now it's 128 EU with Alchmemist+ and will be 12 months late and is cancelled for desktop.

Starjack

Well a 128EU (with 1024 shaders/ALUs) iGPU is still not that bad. I don't think i recall any other iGPU, even on AMD's side having that many shaders, if not including the custom-made Vega M GL/H GPUs use in some Intel Kaby Lake 8th Gen processors. Unless if Intel is uncertain about the thermal design or power consumption of future chipsets, i might see why Intel holds back on releasing the 192EU iGPU. Not to mention when they're also keep adding more CPU cores.

Mr Majestyk

Quote from: Starjack on July 09, 2023, 20:55:11Well a 128EU (with 1024 shaders/ALUs) iGPU is still not that bad. I don't think i recall any other iGPU, even on AMD's side having that many shaders, if not including the custom-made Vega M GL/H GPUs use in some Intel Kaby Lake 8th Gen processors. Unless if Intel is uncertain about the thermal design or power consumption of future chipsets, i might see why Intel holds back on releasing the 192EU iGPU. Not to mention when they're also keep adding more CPU cores.

That's not the point, the point is Intel plans aren't to be trusted. Constant downgrading of specs and timetable slip is a core feature of Intel. Also maybe you need to look up AMD Strix Halo, which will be a beast of an APU with something like 3060/3070 desktop performance in a 100W APU.

Ayoh1

I'm sure the "7W TDP" cpu variant will have a boost power consumption of something like 80W as per Intel tradition.

Hotz

Quote from: Mr Majestyk on July 10, 2023, 02:41:25That's not the point, the point is Intel plans aren't to be trusted. Constant downgrading of specs and timetable slip is a core feature of Intel.

Neither can AMD be trusted. They have delivered a continuous shitshow and broken promises since Rembrandt. Also, even though Intel CPUs are called hot and power hungry they haven't melted and destroyed motherboards like AMDs CPUs.

Quote from: Mr Majestyk on July 10, 2023, 02:41:25Also maybe you need to look up AMD Strix Halo, which will be a beast of an APU with something like 3060/3070 desktop performance in a 100W APU.

Come on, think realistically: they will never give us Strix Halo with 40 CUs out of a sudden - an APU that is 3x faster as the current APU. Such a mega-upgrade has never happened in the past in CPUs or GPUs, and it's not going to happen now.

Rumors said the next APU generation will have 16-40 CUs. Realistically the next APU upgrade will only be 16 CUs. Then AMD will most likely upgrad in steps of 4-8 CUs, until they reach the 40 CUs of Strix Halo Mega-APU. This or something similar will happen. Thus, only MANY YEARS LATER will get the Strix Halo APU with 40 APUs.

Hotz

Quote from: ToHotz on July 10, 2023, 12:01:45Hotz I know Intel fanboy when I see intel fanboy.

? I personally wouldn't call anyone in the current thread a fanboy from either company. Neither from Intel nor from AMD. I can see some preferences, but that doesn't make one a fanboy.

julia_top

True, you can't trust Intel, we don't know many things about this 14th generation, but at least after 4 years with the Intel Xe iGPU, they are now beginning to improve it, we will have to see if it surpasses RDNA 3 and AMD 7040 Phoenix, the rival to beat.
I only know that in professional forums people look for an ultrabook with AMD Zen 4 7040 Phoenix that surely many laptops will start coming out before Black Friday.

Starjack

"That's not the point, the point is Intel plans aren't to be trusted. Constant downgrading of specs and timetable slip is a core feature of Intel. Also maybe you need to look up AMD Strix Halo, which will be a beast of an APU with something like 3060/3070 desktop performance in a 100W APU."

Even though i was expecting AMD to release something to compete with Intel's Meteor Lake, i didn't think it would come that sooner or i probably wasn't aware. But the iGPUs that they making with AMD Strix Halo doesn't have to be that powerful when even the Radeon 780M in Ryzen 7040 chips could still beat the 128EU Arc Graphics. I think is still to early to tell what are Intel plans with Meteor Lake so i don't how you reach to that quick conclusion of not trusting them.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview