News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Leaked Dell XPS 15 9500 photos confirm design overhaul; eight new Latitude laptops revealed too

Started by Redaktion, April 22, 2020, 19:42:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Sterlinger

Quote from: _MT_ on April 23, 2020, 21:17:48

Doesn't have to. But my first laptop was Dell. They have the best on site service (Lenovo couldn't touch them even if they had a barge pole, not in my country; better to save money and carry it in). And they often give me laptops practically for free (because I buy servers). So, you know... I want Dells to be good. And it's not like Lenovo P1 has a numeric keyboard. T590/ P53s have pathetic processors. Precision 7530 had pathetic cooling. I mean, an 8 core in a workstation performing like a 6 core in a multimedia thin and light? For something like $500 extra (list price)? I can get over ultrabooks sucking. I hate when they ruin workstations as well.

To be honest, numpad isn't a deal breaker to me. I might not even like how it looks or feels (the asymmetry isn't very pleasing). But, if the chassis is big enough and we're talking about a workhorse, it should be there. In a multimedia machine, I understand the preference for speakers. In an ideal world, you'd have a choice. Really, it's the prevalence of 16:9 screens that's made me broaden my horizons. And it makes the coming XPS systems interesting. Despite their quite a few faults. It's slim pickings if you don't want 16:9.

I guess there will be a numpad integrated in the normal keys, so you can switch that u i o and so on behave like the numpad. Usefull? I don't know.

"workstations" are available from Dell, HP, Lenovo, MSI, Asus at least, about the best service, I don't know, Asus has 16:10 ratio e.g. too, HP has slim and normal ones, we will see what comes out this year...

The Creator

I always find it comical that people make such a big deal about speakers on a laptop.  Even a relatively cheap set of headphones or external speakers will sound WAY better than the best laptop speakers, and If I'm ever doing anything where sound is that important, that's exactly what I'd use.  I think the up firing speakers are better than what previous models offer, but I'd GLADLY sacrifice them for a slightly wider keyboard that has full size arrow keys and home/end/page up/down buttons (without needing a function key).

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview