News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel Core i9-12900H debut: Uniwill Technology GM7AG8P laptop review

Started by Redaktion, February 24, 2022, 19:56:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Can you really cram both a GeForce RTX 3080 Ti and Core i9 CPU into an ultrathin form factor without needing to throttle performance? Surely, there must be some catch. We dig deep into the GM7AG8P barebones to find out what cut corners users can expect, if any.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-i9-12900H-debut-Uniwill-Technology-GM7AG8P-laptop-review.597782.0.html

JohnnyD

I really used to like Allen's reviews especially for his attitude to expressly criticize those extra loud gaming notebooks. I don't know what happened to him (maybe he was briefed by unpleased company representatives) that he now writes the same marketing conform non sense in the form of 'gets loud, but that's common range' like every other notebookcheck editor  :(

Come on, who needs a 20 mm 17 inch gaming laptop? That is so incredibly dumb! Can't believe they have failed so hard on making a really fantastic laptop.

If those benchmarks turn out to be true, that this thing is able to cool 150 watts of gpu power with reasonable temps, this thing would crush all opponents with a simply reasonable zheight of 25-27 mm, which would be still thin for a large 17 inch gamer, but not stupidly thin.
It could have delivered outstanding performance while staying relatively quiet! This would have addressed so many users who don't want to bear that incredible loud fan noise and don't want to throttle down performance heavily to get quieter fans.

I can't believe they failed so hard on making one of the best laptops just because of a stupid marketing manager's decision.

Building thinner and thinner is the marketing managers' new religion and from a technician's standpoint that is so laughably dumb. 20 mm is very dumb on 15 inch, but on a large 17 inch device it is unmatched!

17 inch laptops are simply not meant to be caried around all the day, because they are too large. Best joke is the large and heavy power supply which is way thicker than the computer *facepalm. That illustrates perfectly how incredibly stupid and ignorant today's laptop product managers are. They don't care for great products, but only for great marketing even if that means a technically worse product. It is so sad to see people who have absolutely no technical clue to ruin a otherwise fantastic product!

Americaallday

Just came across this site, I had no idea reviews could be so thorough, great job!! I have no idea where to buy this laptop, I can't find it anywhere. Thanks for the information!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview