News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP Envy 13 Laptop Review: Elegant metal case and solid performance

Started by Redaktion, December 08, 2020, 16:45:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Envy 13 subnotebook from HP is a compact device with a lot of features. Its quad-core processor from Intel and dedicated graphics card as well as the 400 nits display should make for a a mobile work and entertainment device - if it weren't for the very reflective display.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-Envy-13-Laptop-Review-Elegant-metal-case-and-solid-performance.508407.0.html

ashlol

thunderbolt3 is a big - very useful on such devices without it such notebook are much less interresting especially versus ryzen based notebook which also are lacking tb3 support.

hpthings

HP Envy 13 has a Thunderbolt, but always the versions without the dGPU which is very odd, also this is nice allrounder and I am excited what it can do with 11th Intel and mx450

Jack G.

Quote from: hpthings on December 08, 2020, 23:25:03
HP Envy 13 has a Thunderbolt, but always the versions without the dGPU which is very odd, also this is nice allrounder and I am excited what it can do with 11th Intel and mx450

I think that's because those PCIe lanes are used by the dGPU and when there is not a dGPU present using those PCIe lanes then there's bandwidth for thunderbolt.

JC

Finally an article that talks about docking stations for the Envy 13.  Finding a compatible one & trying to hook up monitors or even find info on it has been a nightmare!  Thank you, it shouldn't be this hard

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview