News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel Core i9-12900K benchmark leak puts the Alder Lake-S way beyond the capabilities of the AMD Ryzen 9 5950X while embarrassing the Core i9-11900K and Core i9-10900K

Started by Redaktion, July 21, 2021, 19:20:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Hct3000

Getting as bad as Wccftech this place. I mean Intel themselves are only claiming a 19% ipc increase, yet according to this it's going to over 25% vs 11900k, unless it's boosting over 5.3ghz... Also, anyone believing that 8 big cores with HT, plus 8 little cores, 24 threads in all is going to beat a 16 big core 32 thread zen 3 part in heavy threaded workloads need their head looking at...

This is so unbelievable, I don't understand why websites are mopping it all up, pretty sure TigerLake had some fantastic Geekbench leaks too. 🙄

Hct3000

Quote from: Hct3000 on August 31, 2021, 01:26:09
Getting as bad as Wccftech this place. I mean Intel themselves are only claiming a 19% ipc increase, yet according to this it's going to over 25% vs 11900k, unless it's boosting over 5.3ghz... Also, anyone believing that 8 big cores with HT, plus 8 little cores, 24 threads in all is going to beat a 16 big core 32 thread zen 3 part in heavy threaded workloads need their head looking at...

This is so unbelievable, I don't understand why websites are mopping it all up, pretty sure *TigerLake had some fantastic Geekbench leaks too. 🙄

Correction *RocketLake

getgreens

Kind of ironic as if ppl act like the 5950x or even 5900x dont pull upwards of 200w on an all core or r23 all core overclock/run. Then what you think the intels pulling 200w on single core loads too as if zen3 doesnt run 125-140w as it is for gaming.

IMO the "results" or leak's illustrious gap from previous intel and zen3...is largely in part to the new chipset and ddr5. This should be obvious as if am4 isnt end of life. im sure zen3 with ddr5 and 3d v cache could do am4 some well. AMDs doing the same thing new board/chipset and ddr5 to push their new socket past the zen3+ refresh cpus....or did people forget those are coming as the AMD fanbois say am5 is soon. Just wait for am5.

I got a 5900x c16 3600 mem bc im using my system/cpu in stock with xmp....theres a level of ease and still high computing i get there.
I hear/expect intel to apparently be priced under the 5950x with the 12900k....thats something to "CONSIDER" when paying 100+ more for a motherboard over a x570S tomahawk or etc, as well as 100+ more for ddr5 and first iterations of it with most likely as loose timings as ddr5 is going to have...im more interested in the 13900k and am5 myself. As well as better ddr5 kits eventually coming out...as the concurrent cost and irony aspects to kick in with RAM chud purchases and being GATED into chipsets with intel with 12/13th/14th gen launches and equally "FASTER" ddr5 kits per gen.....

Does any of this BS smell any different than when zen first launched and there were various ram kits right up into zen2 that didnt even work with amd. As fools owned anywhere from ddr4 2400-3000....to ultimately upgrade their "CPU" to zen3 if possible....and yet another ram upgrade....

Intel k series comes with its  own tax....of b-die mem, plat psu(for the constant crashes) for the OC voltage limits and max timings on the b die....and cpu.....and gpu...and LLC. That whole process vs a cpu-z which core failed Undervolt/oc curve for AMD....much like the current state of GPU overclocking....custom voltage curve.

Fanbois call that process buggy but then forego the constant crashouts and bsod...of their idiotic OC efforts and "USED" b-die kits bc they wont even pay full price to maximize their min-max 225w+ system.

Imagine trying to push every "MODERN" or future gen of intel on ITX...youd need a custom loop. Most of their laptops already need undervolts to prevent throttling...and zen3 on laptops is equally as impossible to implement...as far as a duel load on a system.

I think people are a lil too delusional with their idealisms as if big corporations give a damn about them and thats their biggest concern LMFAO.

Prior to my 5900x current system that im locked in for until ddr5 solidifies and its prices reach a stable point....i got a 9750h 1660ti laptop to replace my 2500k system. Back when intel pushed sub 300$ cpus that were able to compete with intel extreme processors and x58 without the x58 board price and quad channel ram...for games. It was ground breaking and since then the 9700k didnt have HT when my system died and it was still better in games than zen2 by a mile. Coupled with 200$+ of ram and an aggressive OC just to stay relavent out of the box just like my 2500k day 1. Nothings changed.  Since then where ppl were getting DFI and ASrock boards to unlock their duel core phenom II cpu into quad core....AMD/board makers has always offered the consumer an "ACCESS" point to gaming with aspects like that. As intel was just limited by aspects of HT, Cache, ram speeds, and vrm for hitting max oc which entails a board premium.

only ppl that buy into hype are ppl that dont see how ironic things have been since pentium D vs pentium 4 HT if that

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview