News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo LOQ 15 gaming laptop with AMD Ryzen 7 7840HS and RTX 4050 discounted to just above US$1,000

Started by Redaktion, June 20, 2023, 15:13:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Until OEMs decide to offer laptops featuring AMD's Phoenix 7040 APUs without any dGPU for US$800 or lower, Lenovo's LOQ budget gaming models that are now on sale for a little over US$1,000 seem to be the next best thing.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-LOQ-15-gaming-laptop-with-AMD-Ryzen-7-7840HS-and-RTX-4050-discounted-to-just-above-US-1-000.727032.0.html

Joe

If TSMC waffers cost so much, then why put highest possible iGPU (780m) in same laptop with lowest possible dGPU (RTX 4050). Looks like waste of sand to me.
My logic says, it is smarter to make AMD 7040 series laptops without dGPU-s or put some more powerful dGPU in.

NikoB

To work with external monitors, the shared memory for the built-in igpu can be a problem in terms of response and speed, because. it is also used for the operation of the system / software and other devices. The presence of a discrete chip is just important here, and the 4050 is more than enough for this purpose. Another thing is how it's done effectively.

thunder

Quote from: Joe on June 20, 2023, 17:35:59If TSMC waffers cost so much, then why put highest possible iGPU (780m) in same laptop with lowest possible dGPU (RTX 4050). Looks like waste of sand to me.
My logic says, it is smarter to make AMD 7040 series laptops without dGPU-s or put some more powerful dGPU in.
++++1
You're right.
Very strange that 13 "and 14" ultrabooks do not come out with only AMD ZEN 4 7040 Phoenix built by TSMC at 4nm vs intel 10nm
I read in many forums that people do not need dGPU with RNDA 3 is more than enough and manufacturers would save a lot of money and time. Gamers already have their dGPUs from AMD and Nvidia, and many gamer consoles use the AMD Phoenix chip for its power, which should be incorporated into ultrabooks and is what 90% of the users I read demand.

NikoB

If someone buys it, then someone needs it. But Lenovo's sales plummeted 54% yoy in 2022 and it fell from #1 to #3 among global laptop/PC makers. So the market severely punishes all those who decide that they know better what to do and sell than those who pay money ...

Certainly under real capitalism. And once reigned monopolies, oligopolies and pulling large companies out of bankruptcy at the expense of taxpayers' money, as in China and, for example, Intel in the US/EU. Which should no longer be on the planet - it is 100% bankrupt.

Neenyah

Quote from: NikoB on June 21, 2023, 14:29:57But Lenovo's sales plummeted 54% yoy in 2022 and it fell from #1 to #3 among global laptop/PC makers.
Of course this is a lie and spam, as usual coming from this "person".

FY2022/23 Lenovo Earnings: news.lenovo.com/press-kits/fy2022-23-lenovo-earnings/

QuoteTop 6 vendors by number of units shipped, 2022: #1 Lenovo 24.1%, #2 HP 19.4%, #3 Dell 17.5%

(en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Market_share_of_personal_computer_vendors)

QuoteLenovo secured the top spot in the PC market in Q4 2022, with shipments totaling 15.5 million units, representing a 29% year-on-year decline. It was also the largest shipping vendor for the full-year 2022, posting 68.1 million units as it underwent a 17% decline compared to 2021. HP ranked second, also seeing shipments decline by 29% in Q4 to a total of 13.2 million units. For the full-year 2022, it saw shipments fall by 25% to 55.2 million units. Third-placed Dell suffered the largest decline among the top vendors in Q4, with shipments down by 37% to 10.8 million units.

canalys.com/newsroom/global-pc-market-Q4-2022

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview