News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Testing the performance of AMD Radeon 780M & 760M iGPUs with new drivers

Started by Redaktion, August 11, 2023, 12:34:59

Previous topic - Next topic

DS2

(http://i.imgur.com/j1dh8Ac.png)

Look for architecture analysis on techspot...RDNA3 vs Ada, RDNA2 vs Ampere, RDNA vs GCN etc... I Can't post links here

Anallogue

I wouldn't trust the values coming from a HP product though. I have seen in many comparisons where ASUS, Lenovo(especially) laptops sporting the same CPU and tdp perform better than Hp products. You can check around

NikoB

Quote from: Anallogue on August 14, 2023, 15:03:06I have seen in many comparisons where ASUS, Lenovo(especially) laptops sporting the same CPU and tdp perform better than Hp products. You can check around
Yes, it's better, by about 15-20% due to overclocking the U(P) series by PL1/PL2 levels. But at what cost? And the cost is increased noise. Notebooks HP same series same G noise is much lower, then Lenovo/Asus/ laptops in competing series.

What do you choose - an overclocked processor with increased noise in surfing or a practically silent one with -15-20% in speed?

Yes, would like PL1/PL2 to be flexibly changed at the request of the owner, but there is an upper limit on this according to the installed power piping of the processor(SoC) for each series.

I would also like to have in any laptop manual control of the cooler(s) within safe limits (when the automatic mode catch control and increase rpm) relative to the safety for power piping on the motherboard. But then again, marketing reigns everywhere or too illiterate buyers do not understand this, and their vast majority.

The developers in the R&D department have certain budgets from the company for the development of each series, with a given level of cost, so they cannot arbitrarily apply technically competent solutions in hardware and firmware, besides, cunning marketers force them to make deliberate deterioration in hardware and firmware in order to more expensive models were sold, even if changes to hardware and firmware cost really a penny at the level of the cost of an instance for low-end series as it made in high-end series.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview