News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Color by key and reinstallation W10

Started by Paolo, September 08, 2019, 10:02:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Paolo

Hi,

I bougth the XMG Neo17M19. It's a very good notebook and I'm happy about my choiceI
I have a little problem though: if I apply the colour of the keyboard with the "Control Center Utility" using the default combination "Rainbow" (release 1.0.0.23) the colours are vivid and fully bright (first attachment), however if I choose to use a personalized colour combination the light is duller, with some keys where the colur is hardly visible (for example see key § from the second attachment).
I have anothe question: if I were to reinstall Windows 10 (clean installation), the utility programs (like sound blaster, xmg control center, driver for XMG ecc...) would stay installed or i would have to reinstall them again ?

Thanks for any help

Paolo

XMG Community

Hi Paolo,

I will have to get back to you on the LED color question. I'll be out of town for the next week and won't have access to my NEO sample. We've often been critical of the color picker implementation in the Control Center of this ODM but it's relatively unlikely that this will be improved in the current generation. At least some direct RGB input would be nice.

To your second question: well, a "clean" installation is describing just set: nothing stays installed. In this case you should re-download the drivers from here.

Cheers,
XMG|Tom
Schenker Technologies GmbH
// Firmenaccount für PR & Communitypflege
Technical Support
Mo-Fr 8-18 | Sa 9-14 // Tel.: +49 341 246704-0

Paolo

Thanks Tom, I'll be waiting.

As for the RGB input, the backlitghing is vivid and bright with all the default combinations present in the control center, when instead I personalize the keyboard the colours become duller, any colour.

Paolo

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview