News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Test Lenovo ThinkPad T14s G3 AMD Laptop: Effiziente und leise Arbeitsmaschine mit Ryzen-Power

Started by Redaktion, January 17, 2023, 18:50:02

Previous topic - Next topic

NikoB

Quote from: Benjamin Herzig on February 09, 2023, 16:21:53Of course, just adding up wholesale component pricing is also incomplete, because it does not include costs for manufacturing (labor, tooling), development, shipping, support.
I add up the retail prices, they are even more easily accessible, and the manufacturer's markup for memory and SSDs is many times higher than retail prices. This is a proven fact. In addition to government fees with illegal VAT and sales tax, which is just the second tier of fees after taxes on salaries and income.

And they deliberately impose Windows on us. Moreover, in countries such as the US and the EU, you have almost no choice to buy a laptop without it. Just look for such options and you are unlikely to find them. Saved the price of 32GB and 1TB SSD combined in case of Windows 10 Pro. Even if the person does not need Windows. Moreover, the most valuable models in terms of components are deliberately sold only with OS from M$. In some countries, you can return money for Windows, but again, determining the price of the right to use it in the OEM version (which practically does not differ in price from the retail one, which can be rearranged to another hardware, and the OEM will die along with your laptop or PC according to a vile rule installed M$, although you will pay almost the same for it as for a retail copy).

I have been doing market analysis for many years. Please don't tell me stories. I know very well all the methods and moves, how laptop and PC manufacturers wind up the prices of components at times. And this is not counting the fraud with the quality of components, which has long taken epic forms on the planet. Otherwise, it would not be more profitable for people to buy a laptop with a minimum amount of installed memory (or better without it at all) and buy 32-64GB on their own with a 10-year warranty. And just like with an SSD, the price will be several times lower and with a much larger guarantee. You are given the worst possible wi-fi adapters, the lousiest antennas for them in terms of quality. Although the difference is at the level of the cost of these components, a penny. Like everything else, like the original batteries, which you, after a while, will not be able to buy for either a smartphone or a laptop, only low-quality fakes. This is also done intentionally to force you to buy a new model as soon as possible.

And even where it is possible to explicitly display full-fledged ports (they are already built into the SoC), greedy manufacturers do not bring them out for a penny, they just sell the same thing but at a double price in "VIP" lines.

It's all disgusting. And every experienced buyer on the planet knows this for a long time. For any arbitrarily taken product.

Everything has its price, but the trouble for capitalists and marketers now is that there are people like me who reveal to more naive and inexperienced people the true price of things in the modern world and that all their howls about intellectual property and some super-costs in realities do not cost a cent, as the greedy Apple recently demonstrated to us from your own news with its top solutions bought up on trade-in for next to nothing.

Before the goods go to retail, they will go through a chain of intermediary speculators and the authorities of each country will take their share from you in the second or even third round of fees.

As a result, a product that could cost 2-3 times cheaper is sold at exorbitant prices. And then the naive public (just usually poorly educated people and young people) yell at the forms that the price does not match the quality. Of course, it does not correspond, because you feed with your savings not only the manufacturer, but also a bunch of intermediaries before you and the kleptocratic authorities of your country with their requisitions.

If the goods were sold at a selling price from the factory in retail, not a single person on the planet had any complaints about the quality of the goods for this money. But people take goods at retail with an overpriced price at times. This is a long proven fact.
-
IBM, on the other hand, are just losers who do not understand what they are doing now, mostly huddling state institutions. Their shares have not grown at all for 20 years, but only fall. So is Intel stock. AMD is also clearly visible - it went down, success behind...

NikoB

And here's more about the corruption of the authorities of different countries and lobbying for the interests of corporations, for the sake of inflating prices:
apple.slashdot.org/story/23/02/11/0426247/how-big-tech-rewrote-americas-first-cell-phone-repair-law

Do you need more proof of the greed and lies of corporations tht they live on "3%"?
This is about the same well known joke as "2%" for which banksters live ...

exonero

Kann die gute Bewertung nicht nachvollziehen. Habe das Teil bereits nach 2 Tagen vollkommen entnervt zurückgeschickt. Im Akkubetrieb ist das Gerät wie beschrieben wunderbar leise. Der Lüfter läuft praktisch nie. Im  Netzbetrieb mit Dockingstation läuft der Lüfter allerdings immer, selbst im idle. Schon unter moderater Last fährt er schnell 1-2 Stufen rauf. Zurück im Idle dauerts dann leicht ne halbe Stunde bis sich der Lüfter wieder einkriegt und orgelt dann weiter auf niedrigster Stufe vor sich hin. Absolut unerträglich, man hat nicht 5 Minuten seine Ruhe.  Ziehe es vor mit meinem 5 Jahre altem ideapad 720 zu arbeiten. Und noch ne Kleinigkeit. Die Tastatur is bei Notebooks sicherlich eins der störungsanfälligsten Bauteile. Umso positiver, das sich diese bei den Thinkpad normalerweise mit wenigen Handgriffen wechseln lässt. Nicht beim T14s. Im Gegensatz zum T14 müsst ihr hier das komplette Teil zerlegen. Und ich meine wirklich komplett!

Bin über die Testergebnisse immer wieder verblüfft?!

exonero

Oh vollkommen vergessen. Das unerträglich klappernde Touchpad ist eine absolute Zumutung. Man hat das Gefühl nen Rechner aus dem Discounter gekauft zu haben. Würde im Büro einer neben mir den ganzen Tag darauf rumklappern, würd ich das Teil aus dem Fenster schleudern, während er beim Mittag ist...

NikoB

Typically, for the thinkpad line, everyone uses tpfan utility of manual control threshold for switching the coolers (or fixing the minimum revolutions).

I also used it on the old ThinkPad until it burned out. At 2000rpm, it was not heard even with 50cm from exhaust holes. Therefore, when reading pages and light surfing, I always sat in complete silence, as well as listening to music through the external DAC+amplifier on open-air headphones. It costs a lot.

As far as I know, the tpfan utility is still working on new thinkpad, but not on all series. And naturally, it reduces the service life, because Lenovo naturally did not expect that you would disperse the coolers from a greater temperature to eliminate most of the noise from the laptop.

Series with Amd is bad in that they have no undervolting and it is more difficult to manage everything in third-party utilities. If a laptop with Amd is not initially quiet, do not buy it at all.

le-grx

Puh, hätte ich mal die Kommentare vorher gelesen. Ich hab auf Grundlage des Tests hier, mir ein refurbished T14S Gen3 AMD zugelegt, weil mich vor allem die Beschreibung des Lüfters angetan hatte. Und ne 6800U mit 1900x1200 ein schöner sweet spot ist, was Leistung angeht, für mich.

Well... Entgegen dem Artikel ist es so, wie viele beschreiben. Unter Windows geht der Lüfter praktisch nicht aus. Ich habe teilweise Tctl/Die-Temperaturen von 40°C, einzelne Kerne melden unter 40°C und der Lüfter hängt bei 2600rpm fest und geht nicht aus. Es scheint, dass die Schwelle für die Lüfter 40°C sind. Warum auch immer. Ich hab auch Windows 11 einmal runtergeschmissen und Windows 10 getestet, ob das was ändert. Aber nein. Ich verstehe echt nicht, wie ihr das hinbekommen habt, das Ganze so zu testen und einzuschätzen. Hattet ihr vielleicht irgendein sehr frühes BIOS/EC-Firmware, was da irgendwie anders war? Bin etwas sehr ratlos und enttäuscht.

rescuemod

Quote from: le-grx on September 10, 2023, 21:38:01Puh, hätte ich mal die Kommentare vorher gelesen. Ich hab auf Grundlage des Tests hier, mir ein refurbished T14S Gen3 AMD zugelegt, weil mich vor allem die Beschreibung des Lüfters angetan hatte. Und ne 6800U mit 1900x1200 ein schöner sweet spot ist, was Leistung angeht, für mich.

Well... Entgegen dem Artikel ist es so, wie viele beschreiben. Unter Windows geht der Lüfter praktisch nicht aus. Ich habe teilweise Tctl/Die-Temperaturen von 40°C, einzelne Kerne melden unter 40°C und der Lüfter hängt bei 2600rpm fest und geht nicht aus. Es scheint, dass die Schwelle für die Lüfter 40°C sind. Warum auch immer. Ich hab auch Windows 11 einmal runtergeschmissen und Windows 10 getestet, ob das was ändert. Aber nein. Ich verstehe echt nicht, wie ihr das hinbekommen habt, das Ganze so zu testen und einzuschätzen. Hattet ihr vielleicht irgendein sehr frühes BIOS/EC-Firmware, was da irgendwie anders war? Bin etwas sehr ratlos und enttäuscht.

Leneovo hat anscheinend mit einem BIOS Update the Schwellwerte verschlechtert. Das gleiche auch beim T14 G3 und P14s G3. Zum kotzen ist das! Man kauft ein perfektes Produkt und ist happy - und dann zerstört ein Update das...

KingMaro

Quote from: NikoB on January 19, 2023, 13:32:11By the way, my old Thinkpad (which was simply impossible to use without TPFanControl) burned out, most likely because of its use for 12 years. I set the threshold for turning on the coolers at increased speeds at 62C, because before this threshold it was impossible to endure their noise, and up to 62C it almost never had time to heat up in surfing. Then I almost stopped using it in this mode to the fullest (on YouTube it just burned out), but the software that I entrusted to it - the load requirements in the background also gradually grew and as a result it could not withstand the temperature drops, the power harness burned out. I was very upset, because. initially assumed that it was much more reliable and durable than the MSI gaming laptop, which is even older than it. But he is still alive, although he is already 15 years old.

Thus, I did not see any increased reliability from the Thinkpad series (and real comfort of use with minimal noise in operation without such tricks as described above) and I will never buy it again, because. the costs for this series are simply meaningless, given the fall in the overall reliability of these series and the limitations in upgrading and worse hardware than in "gaming" laptops, literally at times.

My T440s with which I am very content is from 2014/15 so 9 years old and if it would burn out I would not be surprised, as it is used almost constantly.
This would be ~ 15$/month.
Most of this electronic pieces dont last longer than 2 or 3 years. The thinkpad series is still generally
a very high quality product.
My initial think pad in 2005 also lasted until 2015 until I put him away because he was way too slow and needed also
an additional external fan.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview