News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus TUF Dash F15 Laptop: Ampere with one foot on the brake

Started by Redaktion, February 03, 2021, 22:33:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Asus put the slowest currently available GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU into its brand-new TUF Dash F15. Find out in our test what this means for performance, power consumption, and emissions (noise, temperature, etc).

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-TUF-Dash-F15-Laptop-Ampere-with-one-foot-on-the-brake.518015.0.html

Tymb

This is a complete garbage with performance of mobile 2070 and price of mobile 3080.

dude what

2k euro for this piece of junk, Asus isn't afraid to look ridiculous. Also hiding the TDP on purpose is frankly disgusting good review calling them out

Bobby

Surely the quad core cpu is a massive bottleneck. You really need 6 cores.

Johnny Television

This is why I'm returning this junk tomorrow morning. Absolute disappointment. Loud, runs hot, graphics card is terrible. Can't even run Fortnite at 60 FPS unless you lower settings, even at 1080p. Stay away from this garbage!

Grinnie Jax

They should clearly inform the customers that this is nerfed pseudo-RTX3070. Because people can get it and realize that they could have saved and got RXT3060 laptop with better performance. The bizarre trend started by NVIDIA to rip off the customers.

And 4-core CPU in 2021 "gaming" laptop is nonsense. Make it 6/12 and we are talking.

Hitomi

On rtx 2060 90w I get 16355 Firestrike graphic score and timespy graphics 6100, wow this isn't too much better for more than double what I paid new. TUF and Nitro 5 low end models should be avoided this generation as they will slip in this barely performing above turing gpu's.

Spunjji

I think the review scoring system needs a look at... no way this overpriced junk should have scored so highly when it under-performs so spectacularly.

Also, WTF Intel - how can you let an OEM sell an "H35" Tiger Lake CPU with a PL1 of 25W? That's somehow even more of a p***-take than when they launched the first "15W" TL CPUs with a PL1 of 28W and a boost of 50W.

Daniel Fineman

I must protest the use of performance mode to run benchmarks on this laptop. Performance mode does not allow dynamic boost to engage which means that you are not truly measuring the full capability of the laptop.

Performance mode lowers the GPU clock signficantly. Turbo enables the extra factory overclock that Asus sets. If you reviewed the Zephyrus in performance mode as well, you are leaving a lot of performance on the table.

The first reddit benchmark, even before the latest drivers were released, hit 22K in Fire Strike Graphics, and 8.4K in Time Spy. These are significantly higher than your benchmarks. I game with a noise cancelling headset, and I don't care about fan noise. I would use the max power settings which is Turbo mode on this laptop.

On some laptops, there are diminishing returns to using the highest power settings, but not with the new Asus laptops. Lower GPU clocks and power draw in Performance mode make a HUGE difference in gaming performance.

Finally, the PC Mark 10 score was only about 10% lower than your best score! For some users that will not perform a lot of multicore heavy tasks, the loss of 10% is not significant especially since it laptop can run all day on battery power. Might be the right fit for a student on the go that will not need to charge it during or between classes all day long.

dfy

How can battery last 15h 57min, when Idle Minimum power consumption is 9W? 76Wh/9W=8.4 hours.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview