News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Every laptop maker should follow HP's lead and make more support videos

Started by Redaktion, September 28, 2022, 09:26:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

This is the kind of content we love to see from manufacturers. Accessible guides make it more comfortable for owners to service their own laptops without needing to guess how many screws are involved or if certain upgrades are even possible.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Every-laptop-maker-should-follow-HP-s-lead-and-make-more-support-videos.657381.0.html

Erik

Kudos to HP for the videos, but to be honest enthusiasts kind of filled that gap before, it's silly things like screws hidden behind rubber feet that should disappear...

kek

It's good that HP has videos because their manuals are pretty bad compared to Dell's.

But still, both are far ahead in the support game compared to Lenovo, which doesn't even use photos, but some weird diagrams like if it was 2001.

AlexDev404

True but let's not forget that HP is that one company that very often omits important information in the spec sheets like the GPU's TDP, the screen's bits and colors coverage as well as many more specs. Also it's that one company, and I talk for experience here, that very often uses crappy and very inadequate thermal solutions for processors that need a lot of cooling (my i7-9750 in a Pavillion Gaming is constantly thermal throttling while gaming). So, while HP has this fantastic video tutorials, there a vast room of improvement on many other aspects

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview