News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Kirin 9010: Huawei Pura70 Ultra's chipset fails to beat mid-range SoCs in benchmark tests

Started by Redaktion, April 21, 2024, 20:20:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Huawei's new Pura70 series once again features its in-house Kirin 9010 chipset, after both the P50 and P60 series were powered by Snapdragon 8-series 4G SoCs. Performance-wise, the move to in-house silicon looks to be a step backward, with benchmarks showing the Kirin 9010 on the US$1400 Pura70 Ultra as being worse than even last-gen mid-range chipsets like the Snapdragon 7+ Gen 2.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Kirin-9010-Huawei-Pura70-Ultra-s-chipset-fails-to-beat-mid-range-SoCs-in-benchmark-tests.829853.0.html

Hunter2020

Don't matter what rubbish the author writes.  The purpose to bash Huawei, put a dent in their sales sort to speak.  None of it matters anyways / not a very effective strategy as Huawei can't make enough phones to meet customer's demand, yet... 

Papsy

It's very unfortunate the damage done huawei ,I admire their resilience I wish they were back up on their feet "unsanction" wise. With regards to chipset performance if its sustained and power efficiency is decent ,why not ?

Marorun

As others said another article just to bash.

Pixel phones also have weaker soc still more than enough for most ppl need and 98% of games as well.

Having super soc is useless right now.

punmeistervstheworld

Quote from: Hunter2020 on April 21, 2024, 20:51:18Don't matter what rubbish the author writes.  The purpose to bash Huawei, put a dent in their sales sort to speak.  None of it matters anyways / not a very effective strategy as Huawei can't make enough phones to meet customer's demand, yet... 

I bet if it was a Samsung Exynos chip, you would be up in arms how crap they are. Let's not be hypocrites here. Huawei's HiSilicon divison just sucks, and that's NOT good for a flagship phone.

It's unfortunate that they don't have access to ARM's IPs, but that shouldn't stop them from making a good chip.

Bobo

The fact that they have the 5g modem is a big deal

Besides, real would perform between high end phones show a couple of seconds difference

I'm also sure for whatever benchmark you use, you can find another with better stats

Andy On

Quote from: punmeistervstheworld on April 22, 2024, 07:50:25
Quote from: Hunter2020 on April 21, 2024, 20:51:18Don't matter what rubbish the author writes.  The purpose to bash Huawei, put a dent in their sales sort to speak.  None of it matters anyways / not a very effective strategy as Huawei can't make enough phones to meet customer's demand, yet... 

I bet if it was a Samsung Exynos chip, you would be up in arms how crap they are. Let's not be hypocrites here. Huawei's HiSilicon divison just sucks, and that's NOT good for a flagship phone.

It's unfortunate that they don't have access to ARM's IPs, but that shouldn't stop them from making a good chip.

Unfortunately, it's not the ARM IPs. But it's the necessary machinery to fabricate the chipset beyond 7 nm, which is only supplied by ASML (a Dutch company) due to the US ban. Without the ban, their chipsets would be competitive with Qualcomm. I remembered in 2020/21, when the Kirin 9000 came out while Qualcomm screwed up big times with the SD888 (hot, using Samsung fab), and Android customers were left with no option other than using a phone with Qualcomm chips. There were talks back then for Hi-Silicon to provide their Kirin chipsets to other manufacturers, but this was then cancelled. Mediatek only came to prominence when their Dimensity 9000 came out.

Uba

Publish all the benchmarks you want but Huawei beat the s*** out of everybody be it Apple or Samsung in Camera department. Go check dxomark if you care so much. Even generation old huawei phones are better than the new ones. And Pura 70 camera is a beast which no-one can match. Publish all the fake camera reviews you want against that too. And what would Huawei had done if they were using 8 Gen 3. This also eludes this stupid benchmarking strategies as Huawei generation old processor tech can beat the latest in Cameras. So how can you keep selling this latest processor bullshit. Stop fooling around and guide people as it is ought to be that real world performance has nothing to do with your foolish antutu scores. I have a 5 year old Android phone with speed as good an any and never slowed down. These new processors everyday are just a gimmick and Huawei has proven it..

ruvimbo

The question at the end of the day is what does this all mean for me as the end user, day to day.

These benchmarks do not mean anything to most of us, we don't know they exist, and we do not care.

Huawei to the world.

Geektek

Well it does not really matter about those performance, unless you just wan to play games. Performance will deoend on the HW and also the SW. Android is a monster and Harmony OS has just show how faster Harmony OS is. It's fine we will be able to run standard application with no problem. Cell has become like PC where they think power does everything. But agains it's wrong. It's a mix of everythink. I mean Huawei has sattelite communication, has 5G that is much faster than any other phone on the market, has NearLink that is 6 time faster than bluetooth, and has a real Photo lense sensor. What's the poibt of having the katest performance just to type your DM??
It's ok for Huawri to have this mid performance chip. It give them time to increase their competencies on semi and EUV or DUV or new tech machine. US sanction will not work and not stop Huawei to improve their semi tech

Rod

Say what you want. But this is proof American's sanctions are hurting Huawei. This is only the beginning. Other phones are gonna upgrade in speed and software while Huawei won't be able to run such software because they don't have a powerful enough chip. It already happens to companies without sanctions. There's no stopping this now though, so I guess we'll just see how this goes.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview