News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 4: Intel version without performance punch

Started by Redaktion, September 12, 2023, 12:11:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Lenovo concentrates the Intel variety of the ThinkPad T14 2023 on the Raptor Lake U15 series. This leads to a better battery life and lower emissions, but the performance is not convincing.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-T14-Gen-4-Intel-version-without-performance-punch.748302.0.html

Neenyah

The CPU is not even close to Intel's top offerings but is still handily beating Apple's M2 8C which is -15.2% slower in multicore load ( https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/5294vs4922/Intel-i5-1335U-vs-Apple-M2-8-Core-3500-MHz ).

But that same M2 8C is being praised for its "unreal performance" while this i5 1335U is "not convincing", "lower than average CPU performance" and similar.

Hm.

NikoB

As I already wrote in a comment under the review, the i7 1335U is simply shameful in 2023 with such performance, even compared to the Zen2 2020...

Both the HP G10 and this "new" T14 are not worth even half the asking price. Therefore, the overall rating is unsatisfactory.

MrBish

Quote from: Neenyah on September 12, 2023, 12:52:55The CPU is not even close to Intel's top offerings but is still handily beating Apple's M2 8C which is -15.2% slower in multicore load.

But that same M2 8C is being praised for its "unreal performance" while this i5 1335U is "not convincing", "lower than average CPU performance" and similar.

Hm.

The difference is consistent with (and actually smaller than) the difference in core count (8 vs 10: 20%), and the M2 does that with much better battery life - that's why it's 'unreal'.

AcidMthd

It's an i5 not an i7. Being close enough to the M2 which also comes with just a measly 8GB of RAM in this price range makes this a better Linux laptop than others, that's what I'd use if for, not Windows. Imo it's a perfect dev laptop if you're not running 3 VMs at a time.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview