News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus ROG Zephyrus GX501 Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, June 28, 2017, 13:39:12

Previous topic - Next topic

When Zephyrus/MaxQ was announced I was so happy, expecting to finally be able to get a proper gaming laptop. Then details started emerging, and it all went to s***.
This review is, unfortunately, proof that even Nvidia themselves have no idea how to optimize their GPUs for slim design and performance. 1070 perf for 1080 money! Display is a letdown. The battery was kinda expected.
I would still get this if it wasn't for that ridiculous MaxQ farce. Put a 1070 in it, cut the price by $300 and it's already improved.

Keng-Yuan Chang

Wonder why Asus notebooks tend to have spongy keys, I have tried to type on a lot of them (in store, friends', etc).

The only one I tried that has clearer more decisive feedback is on the premium Zenbook S...

Hope they go for that kind of feedback in the future.

Gareth

I've had this laptop for a while now.
While it is excellent for gaming it has a serious flaw with the battery.
Mine swelled very badly, enough to distort the keyboard.
As the laptop is out of warranty, I removed the battery and use it on mains power - let's face it, the battery was only useful as a UPS anyway!
Now, I can't even do firmware updates as the BIOS refuses to start the update with no battery attached. I'm forced to use an external keyboard.
The other thing not mentioned in the article is the size of the power brick - it's enormous and heavy. There's no point buying a slim, lightweight laptop with less than an hour battery life if you need to carry a giant power supply anyway.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview