News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Walmart Overpowered 15 gaming laptop now shipping, but we already reviewed it months ago

Started by Redaktion, November 11, 2018, 20:20:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Unbeknown to most users, other resellers have been offering the same Walamrt design for months. Walmart, however, has the clear advantage in price and volume and is able to offer the same exact chassis and specifications for hundreds of dollars less.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Walmart-Overpowered-15-gaming-laptop-now-shipping-but-we-already-reviewed-it-months-ago.360361.0.html

blahx

999$ for 8300H GTX 1050 144Hz mechanical keyboard... whatever, instant no buy

Same with 1050 ti will be bestseller.

Vance

$1k should be i7, 1060 starting price, with 144Hz IPS and extra storage bumping it up to $1,200. $1,400-1,500 is entry level 1070 territory.

Installed64

Dying to hear more information about the 17" Tongfang chassis! I think it could be everything I'm looking for in a new notebook.

I would purchase from another re-seller, of course.

Brandon Bridges

I can buy a Dell with a 8300H and a 1060 Max-Q for $800 at Microcenter. There's literally no reason I'd even debate paying $1,000 for a laptop with a 1050.

Similarly, for close to $1,400 I can get a laptop with a 1070 from Microcenter. Walmart can definitely underprice Microcenter if theyn wanted to, they have the ability to buy in much larger quantities.

sandflea

I just purchased the OP i5 model - it's now $599.  I'll have to admit, it's pretty nice.  I'm not much of a gamer, more of a science and IT nerd.  Small bezels and a RGB mechanical keyboard combined with the upgrade options adds a lot of value, especially for the price.

Braydon Gibson

Quote from: sandflea on December 09, 2018, 22:58:07
I just purchased the OP i5 model - it's now $599.  I'll have to admit, it's pretty nice.  I'm not much of a gamer, more of a science and IT nerd.  Small bezels and a RGB mechanical keyboard combined with the upgrade options adds a lot of value, especially for the price.
How loud is the keyboard? Would it be appropriate for a classroom-style environment?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview