News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Kia EV6 gets a massive 16% price hike as the South Korean automaker axes its most affordable model variant

Started by Redaktion, November 09, 2022, 00:58:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

In a move that reflects the overall price trend in the white-hot electric car market, the South Korean car manufacturer effectively raises the entry price of the successful Kia EV6 by a massive US$7,100 by not offering the 58-kWh base trim for the 2023 model year.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Kia-EV6-gets-a-massive-16-price-hike-as-the-South-Korean-automaker-axes-its-most-affordable-model-variant.667367.0.html

Truther

You'd think it would get cheaper given that they have to produce less versions and larger volumes of other versions, but thats consumerism supply and demand for ya~ Esp since they had the make up for the losses with the Kia-Challenge lawsuits going on ~

Billywizzer

I think a great many auto manufacturers are in for a shock as they run out of customers who can afford these extremely expensive cars.
We are already seeing older cars being kept by owners, new car sales are dipping.
Just wait until the £60,000 cars are 3 years old and the second hand dealers try and sell them for 30/40 thousand.
Tesla are already discounting their cars in China, they are fortunate as they have a 30% profit margin others are not so lucky, my prediction is, as the cost of living crisis starts to bite, you will see cars that have been ordered being cancelled and dealers doing everything they can to shift stock.
I've already seen PCP deals being reduced because who wants to sign up to a  £500 per month commitment for the next 4 years.
Certainly not me.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview