News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

MSI Claw A1M falls short of Asus ROG Ally by ditching VRR display

Started by Redaktion, January 30, 2024, 00:43:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

It looks like MSI means variable refresh rate in the more generic sense. After MSI claimed that its CLAW gaming handheld would come with VRR, an MSI representative has confirmed that the device won't come with anything close to AMD's FreeSync or Nvidia's G-Sync.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-Claw-A1M-falls-short-of-Asus-ROG-Ally-by-ditching-VRR-display.798266.0.html

DFPunch

It's been confirmed since that the MSI Claw will indeed have a VRR screen. You might want to retract the article or at the very least include an update.

julian.vdm

Quote from: DFPunch on January 30, 2024, 06:48:30It's been confirmed since that the MSI Claw will indeed have a VRR screen. You might want to retract the article or at the very least include an update.

Thanks for pointing that out. I've edited the post.

math67

"48 Hz–120 Hz range" totally useless for a device aimed at playing game at a limited and inconsistent framerate ( 30-40fps). Again just marketing because ...

Fifth313ment

Something fishy is going on with MSI. They keep changing stuff. Their website as of two days ago said the RAM on the claw was "LPDDR5-4800" and I know because this is still on my clipboard from when I copied it. But now they have it listed as "LPDDR5-6400"? So are they quietly playing catch up? I wouldn't trust MSI at all anyway. But I think with the recent OLED burn in test on the steamdeck that LCD is still the way to go. IMO the LEGION GO is still the best performer and buy right now. Especially with the recent discounts.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview