News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Leak details triple 48 MP camera setup of Sony Xperia 1 VI

Started by Redaktion, January 29, 2024, 08:45:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A report from September of last year suggested that the Sony Xperia 1 VI would launch right after the Galaxy S24 series. Well, it seems that the report was true, as @InsiderSony has leaked what seems to be marketing material for the flagship. It sheds light on the rear camera configuration and suggests an imminent launch.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Leak-details-triple-48-MP-camera-setup-of-Sony-Xperia-1-VI.797960.0.html

punmeistervstheworld

There is a bit of a misunderstanding.

The periscope zoom camera will retain the variable optical zoom lens from the 1 V, only that it will go between 70 to 135mm, with 2x lossless zoom all the way to 270mm. That makes the setup incredibly useful, especially since it leverages the variable optical zoom with the lossless zoom from the 48MP shooter.

Now, this is an absolutely impressive setup, especially since the variable ultrawide camera is something out of the blue. Can't wait for the launch!

Gallo123

I think it needs to be said how incredible balanced the Sony cameras are. Changing focal length does not get you weird color tint shifts or huge FPS drops the as the Fstop change forcing speed.

Look at iPhone15 recordings for what I mean. It is garbage.

punmeistervstheworld

Quote from: Gallo123 on January 29, 2024, 11:12:54I think it needs to be said how incredible balanced the Sony cameras are. Changing focal length does not get you weird color tint shifts or huge FPS drops the as the Fstop change forcing speed.

Look at iPhone15 recordings for what I mean. It is garbage.

If Sony manages to get the software right, I will get the 1 VI over the Galaxy S24 Ultra any day of the week.

Or the Pro-I II but that will come with an incredibly expensive price tag thanks to its combination of four huge Exmor-T sensors. Specifically a 64MP 1/0.98" main camera with variable aperture and three 64MP 1/1.54" cameras for ultrawide, medium telephoto and long telephoto, mirroring the setup from the Xiaomi 13 Ultra.

Derp Derpson

Quote from: Gallo123 on January 29, 2024, 11:12:54I think it needs to be said how incredible balanced the Sony cameras are. Changing focal length does not get you weird color tint shifts or huge FPS drops the as the Fstop change forcing speed.

Probably not that difficult when you only have 1 2 and 3x optical zooms...

IDR

The biggest issue I have with buying a Sony smartphone is they hold basically zero value when you look to move on. I bought the Xperia 1 V last summer and liked it for awhile but ultimately missed my Samsung. Looked at trade in prices at three different places to put it towards the new s24 Ultra...$75-100 was all anyone would pay for it in trade in. That's ridiculous on a $1300 phone less than a year later. Would never buy another Sony phone again.

NAPP

Depends where you are looking to trade in - on Samsung's website is probably the worst place for any non Samsung device other than an iPhone. It's currently for sale for roughly £800 on CEX (a 2nd hand store in the UK, taking it for £500 trade in). Should be worth the same at the very least $500-$600 trading in at a 2nd hand store or equivalent. Otherwise, if you opt to sell it yourself you should be able to make at least $800, considering it would be more expensive in USD. So an ask for $75-100 is a bad deal wherever you are looking. Just have a look on ebay for rough pricing, seems to go on average for $850 - $900 for 2nd hand devices. If you want to sell urgently pricing at $750 - 800 should sell it off quicker. Even without a licensed ebay account (higher fees of $100 - $150) you'll keep $600 - $700.

ascariss

Did you even look at the twitter account's information? they didn't leak anything, they just reposted information from another account.

All one had to do is scroll down the user's twitter feed to find the original post where they took the information from.

Joey2

Quote from: NAPP on January 29, 2024, 19:00:02Depends where you are looking to trade in - on Samsung's website is probably the worst place for any non Samsung device other than an iPhone. It's currently for sale for roughly £800 on CEX (a 2nd hand store in the UK, taking it for £500 trade in). Should be worth the same at the very least $500-$600 trading in at a 2nd hand store or equivalent. Otherwise, if you opt to sell it yourself you should be able to make at least $800, considering it would be more expensive in USD. So an ask for $75-100 is a bad deal wherever you are looking. Just have a look on ebay for rough pricing, seems to go on average for $850 - $900 for 2nd hand devices. If you want to sell urgently pricing at $750 - 800 should sell it off quicker. Even without a licensed ebay account (higher fees of $100 - $150) you'll keep $600 - $700.
Sony needs to offer a 5 year software and security update for their phones to have value. Hopefully, they'll do just that this time around.

Replier

Quote from: Joey2 on January 30, 2024, 05:15:20Sony needs to offer a 5 year software and security update for their phones to have value. Hopefully, they'll do just that this time around.

I don't think they care that their phones lose value. Or that they even sell at all. Honestly, I think the only reason they still haven't left the phone business yet is just to demonstrate to other OEMs that their Exmor camera sensors still got it and are worth buying. A showcase if you will.

I mean, they've had plenty of time. Samsung were among the first to go from 2 to 3 years of updates years ago. Then moved to 4-5 years and now more recently 7. Heck, even some Chinese brands are doing 4-5 years for their higher end models since last year.

It's a question of values and priorities of a company, not money and they simply don't care.

Quote from: punmeistervstheworld on January 29, 2024, 11:27:26If Sony manages to get the software right, I will get the 1 VI over the Galaxy S24 Ultra any day of the week.

Or the Pro-I II but that will come with an incredibly expensive price tag thanks to its combination of four huge Exmor-T sensors. Specifically a 64MP 1/0.98" main camera with variable aperture and three 64MP 1/1.54" cameras for ultrawide, medium telephoto and long telephoto, mirroring the setup from the Xiaomi 13 Ultra.

Any reason you'd not get a Pixel 8 Pro? or do you've any thoughts on Pixels in general? They seem to do well in the MKBHD blind smartphone tests.

Chop

Quote from: Replier on January 30, 2024, 11:22:59
Quote from: Joey2 on January 30, 2024, 05:15:20Sony needs to offer a 5 year software and security update for their phones to have value. Hopefully, they'll do just that this time around.
Any reason you'd not get a Pixel 8 Pro? or do you've any thoughts on Pixels in general? They seem to do well in the MKBHD blind smartphone tests.

There are priniples at play here.
Pixel, Galaxy, Oneplus and the lot just follow apple... godspeed i say.
When i want a flagship phones i talk about full featured phones. Xperia is the only brand sticking to that philosiphy with an iron clad fist, something i am willing to encourage with my wallet.

Its the simple things like tool-less simcard tray with expandable storage, headphonejacks and non-plus-ultra screens, with high dpi, refresh, hdr all at once, wicked camera tech. Give me an removable back for switching out batteries on the fly and i am the happiest customer there is.

punmeistervstheworld

Quote from: Replier on January 30, 2024, 11:22:59

I don't think they care that their phones lose value. Or that they even sell at all. Honestly, I think the only reason they still haven't left the phone business yet is just to demonstrate to other OEMs that their Exmor camera sensors still got it and are worth buying. A showcase if you will.

I mean, they've had plenty of time. Samsung were among the first to go from 2 to 3 years of updates years ago. Then moved to 4-5 years and now more recently 7. Heck, even some Chinese brands are doing 4-5 years for their higher end models since last year.

It's a question of values and priorities of a company, not money and they simply don't care.

Quote from: punmeistervstheworld on January 29, 2024, 11:27:26If Sony manages to get the software right, I will get the 1 VI over the Galaxy S24 Ultra any day of the week.

I'm in Romania, and Pixel phones aren't available officially. Even then, the imported ones don't play nicely with the 5G reception and most Pixel functions don't work here.

It's a shame given that all Nexus phones were available from both retailers and carriers, but Google probably knew that in the Romanian market, most people buy Samsung phones of all kinds, while enthusiasts usually buy phones from Chinese OEMs or the likes of Sony and ASUS, which means very few people are interested in Pixels.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview