News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Garmin Connect: Unpopular new version of the app can be downgraded

Started by Redaktion, May 06, 2024, 06:42:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Garmin recently rolled out a new version of the Connect app, which was intended to offer a better overview and more configuration options, but has not been met with enthusiasm by all users. Unofficially, the old version of the software can still be used, but it is unclear for how long.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Garmin-Connect-Unpopular-new-version-of-the-app-can-be-downgraded.834459.0.html

rob g

The new garmin UI is aweful. It takes much more scrolling and tapping to find the information I want. Garmin, please make it easy to have the "retro" version as an option.

Spot79

Because of the new app, I ditched my Forerunner for Amazfit Balance and couldn't be happier. Since most of my workouts are strength training, Amazfit was kinda my only option ro retain same battery life and also get reps counting and get a strength training actually tracked without any workarounds (Polar, Suunto...). Well, Amazfit has been even better at that particular task than Garmin. Not missing anything else either since Amazfit actually tracks everything that Garmin does too and it does it with same accuracy. My HRV is the same, sleep is the same, training load is displayed differently but is also the same... And to think the Balance costs the third of my Forerunner...

Robert Gonzales

My Garmin Instinct Solar just lost a lot of features with this new Connect update. I will seriously consider another watch if they don't fix it soon, or at least let me go to the previous version easily.

JayUK

I use Ios, I am so angry with Garmin I ditched my Fenix 6 pro solar used rungap to import my data closed my Garmin account and bought a Apple watch ultra. How dare they do this, I will never use Garmin again. What are they doing ?

Frank J Perruccio

I participated in the beta process, so I'm more used to it by now than others who are just getting it.

Personally, I prefer the new format.   To each his own I guess.

WIL

Quote from: JayUK on May 07, 2024, 00:00:36I use Ios, I am so angry with Garmin I ditched my Fenix 6 pro solar used rungap to import my data closed my Garmin account and bought a Apple watch ultra. How dare they do this, I will never use Garmin again. What are they doing ?

Its not that bad. You will be back in 5 hours after your Apple Watch's battery died

Neil

I had the Beta version and didn't like it. When I started using it I came to like it better than the old version after doing some configuration. Some people are resistant to any change.

D. Blanchard

I dislike this new Garmin user interface so much. Useless blades of info that take more actions to get the info you want ,,, additional prompts everywhere. You can't tweak it enough to make it better.  It's poorly laid out and frustrating to use.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview