News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Final nail in the coffin: Bar-raising AMD Ryzen 9 5950X somehow lags behind four Intel parts including the Core i9-10900K in average bench on UserBenchmark despite higher 1-core and 4-core scores

Started by Redaktion, November 10, 2020, 18:22:14

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidosX

Quote from: VEGGIM on November 10, 2020, 20:03:44
Quote from: Rinnn on November 10, 2020, 18:46:32
UserBenchmark is a joke of a site for quite awhile and is usually heavily criticized both by fans and tech Youtubers for its Intel bias. I have seen core i3 cpus scoring higher than Ryzen 7 on that site as well. Wouldn't be surprised if Intel actually owns Userbenchmark.
I doubt that would be the case. It's banned from the r/intel subreddit as well. I dont think something that heavily promotes intel, would be banned from the r/intel subreddit. it doesn't make sense.
That is exactly the case even if you doubt it.

Chriszumtech

Does UserBenchmark take into consideration the clock speeds? Most people running a 10900K (or any K CPU) are overclocking the CPU, which if not accounted for, could skew the avg performance numbers of Intel processors. Therefore showing the avg Intel score higher than what a stock CPU would perform at.

Will G

why are you using user benchmark data for making this article? that website has been proven inaccurate for many years now. I find it disturbing that you would make such claims when every reviewer who has had hands-on and made direct comparisons find that the AMD parts outperform Intel in every way. Even the 5600X outperforms the 10900K in some instances. the 5950X destroys Intel.

Tankers

Quote from: Will G on November 11, 2020, 16:39:18
why are you using user benchmark data for making this article? that website has been proven inaccurate for many years now. I find it disturbing that you would make such claims when every reviewer who has had hands-on and made direct comparisons find that the AMD parts outperform Intel in every way. Even the 5600X outperforms the 10900K in some instances. the 5950X destroys Intel.

Did you even read the Article? It's about how UB is shady and none should look at their scores, and their data is essential to show it.

DarkEvil2020

Quote from: Will G on November 11, 2020, 16:39:18

If you READ. The whole article is talking about Userbenchmark is cheating again. The picture is shown as proof. L2R.

Stephen Purcell

The concern I have is that lay-people who know little to nothing about hardware specs may still find UserBenchmark and think the site is unbiased/accurate. While their technical analysis and score weighting could be better managed by a hamster, they've done well with SEO, and the GUI has always seemed at or near the top for data (mis)representation. These two things may lead the uninformed to think they can rely on UserBenchmark's information. Not sure there's much fix to this, aside from consumers doing enough digging to learn UserBenchmark has serious misrepresentation issues at the core of their benchmark model and data portrayal.

meemo

They add that extra ""2%"" from bigger frequency numbers and the slightly lower memory latency on intel chips. This is still fucking pathetic to prioritize that over all the other categories that AMD beats them in.

Applet

Quote from: rar on November 11, 2020, 12:22:49
I seriously losing respect for this site, trash quality article without any review on the content
I'm seriously losing respect for people like you without any ability to actually read the content of the article.  >:(

Dice

Well, just from the headline it sounds as if they are trying to bash AMD, but reading the article it becomes obvious they're actually trying to bash UserBenchmark which published BS scores.

Mohammad Sadegh Lavaee

The same thing happened to nvidia 30 series. Where the 3090 averaged a 190 iirc (2080 ti was about 170).

I guess we should wait till they fix the scoring problem.

Luke Murray

I would probably re-evaluate the title of the article.  The title doesn't clearly convey what the article's subject actually is.

Ty0660

Wtf?! Literally false. Fake news...
Dumbass writer must have had a stroke and couldn't research a single thing...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview