News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD could launch three new Zen 3 based Ryzen 5000 series CPUs alongside the Ryzen 7 5800X3D

Started by Redaktion, March 05, 2022, 15:21:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The AMD Ryzen 7 5700X, Ryzen 5 5600, and Ryzen 5 5500 will reportedly be launched sometime in March 2022. All three models are AMD's answer to mid-range Alder Lake processors like the Intel Core i5-12600KF and the Core i5-12400. AMD could launch the Zen 3 CPUs with the highly-anticipated Ryzen 7 5800X3D.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-could-launch-three-new-Zen-3-based-Ryzen-5000-series-CPUs-alongside-the-Ryzen-7-5800X3D.606687.0.html

Erik

"With the three new Zen 3 chips slated to arrive later this month (March 2022), one can safely assume that the Renoir-X chips got axed somewhere down the line"

Not necessarily, maybe Renoir-X will still get a limited release as OEM-only parts, while these Zen 3 chips will counter Alder Lake in the DIY segment where Intel has seemingly regained ground? If they had enough defective Renoir APUs to launch a new lineup it would be weird to just keep them in storage or throw them in a landfill.

Cooe

"Outperforming the Alder Lake mid-ranger will be an uphill challenge for Team Red, considering it managed to beat the Rocket Lake-based Core i9-11900KF in some tests."

Except for the fact that additional single thread performance past a certain level at this point is basically NEVER NOTICEABLE in any normal modern computer usage situation... And ESPECIALLY so for budget products. As long as AMD is close enough in single-thread to drive the GPU's used in this price range (which they will be), that's all that matters. Multi-core performance and power efficiency (aka price of cooling & PSU) is WAAAAAAY more important than anything else in this price range. (This is EXACTLY why the 2c/2t Alder Lake Celerons are freaking garbage).

I swear, this site's writers deliberately TRY to look like absolute freaking idiots with everything they post... -_-

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview