News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

MSI GE63 Raider 8SG Laptop Review: GeForce RTX 2080 for Cheap

Started by Redaktion, December 04, 2019, 07:21:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

It may not have the sexy narrow bezels of the latest laptops, but the GE63 still comes equipped with one of the fastest Nvidia GPUs available and an ultra-smooth 144 Hz display with almost no ghosting.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-GE63-Raider-8SG-Laptop-Review-GeForce-RTX-2080-for-Cheap.444958.0.html

anon

QuoteThe laptop cannot be recharged via USB Type-C unlike on the Asus Zephyrus M GU502.

Holy cow, how did I miss that that Zephyrus could charge with USB-PD? That's fantastic!

Still a shame that as of today, no RTX 2080 (or greater) laptop has the capability that I can tell.

But that Zephyrus with GTX 1660Ti could replace my MSI GT62VR with GTX 1070, and then I could take it outside while keeping the original power brick cable-managed away at my desk. Most people/places I visit have a USB-PD charger, or I could take a small lightweight one for computer and phone both. Unless I want to charge AND use my type-C portable monitor simultaneously, then I'd have to buy a second power brick or give up cable management... or wait for a powerful laptop that supports USB-PD charging AND has two type-C ports.

anon

Ooh, I just read on the other review that the Zephyrus M GU502GV has an RTX 2060 and still supports charging via USB-PD (up to 65W only but still awesome)

Dibony

Very good review.. What's the best gaming laptop at the moment for under 1500$ with at least 15 " and average noise?

Migue

Hi Allen,

Great article, thanks! I have the same laptop.

I would add that the laptop, when it's connected to an external display, it performes as "it should" (considering it's still Single Channel), but you can gain an extra 30-50% performance onyl connecting it to an external display, as it bypass the Optimus software. Well, not a lot of sense, but true.

Regards!

Gowtham

One of the most thorough reviews of the laptop! I have the same laptop!

I agree with the trackpad issue. The laptop does feel sluggish as mentioned while browsing with multiple browser tabs(>15) due to single RAM.

Gowtham

Quote from: Gowtham on January 18, 2020, 11:36:09
One of the most thorough reviews of the laptop! I have the same laptop!

I agree with the trackpad issue. The laptop does feel sluggish as mentioned while browsing with multiple browser tabs(>15) due to single RAM.
[Typo, read last sentence as below]
*The laptop does feel sluggish as mentioned while browsing with multiple browser tabs(>15) due to single channel RAM.

Janco

Very detailed review!

What I can say though is that it seems you've got a bad example of this laptop. My 3D Mark scores are definitely higher than that what was achieved by you and I can even recall that The Witcher 3 has even dropped to a frame rate below 80 fps. Most of the time it seems to be hanging around 100fps and higher on the same settings you used. I don't know if it is because I use dual DDR RAM or what, all the results you've found is definitely less than what I've been experiencing.

Janco

Sorry meant to say that I can't recall the framerates dropping below 80 in The Witcher 3

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview