News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Eurocom Raptor X15 review: LGA1700 Core i7-12700K in a laptop

Started by Redaktion, June 10, 2022, 19:46:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Why use a 12th gen mobile H-series CPU when you can just use a full-fledged K-series desktop CPU instead? Though performance is impressive for a laptop, users should still expect a deficit when compared to a "proper" desktop setup.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Eurocom-Raptor-X15-review-LGA1700-Core-i7-12700K-in-a-laptop.620093.0.html

not_anton

"Eurocom has confirmed with us that the bug is reproducible on multiple Raptor X15 units."
Did I read this correctly that you could not measure CPU performance on a laptop which main feature is its high CPU performance? That cost $3500, has bulky ugly plastic case, crazy loud fans and a screen so dim it gets unusable when you open blinds on a window; and has the main feature of super-high-performance desktop CPU with 70W of power?

Selling an expensive one-feature laptop with this feature being broken is beyond ridiculous.

Benny g

I agree. What's the point of "100+W" CPUs if there's no cooling system to support it and therefore it's power throttled from the factory

Clevo could have a real USP here but they bury it with muddled product implementation and reseller apathy. Tuning and aftermarket firmware are essential, which their N series typically don't get. Hopefully external water-cooling makes it to this model to save it and give it a purpose

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview