News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Sony Xperia 1 V to feature an ultra-micro-hole front camera that allows an almost bezel-less design without a punch hole or notch

Started by Redaktion, August 16, 2022, 21:01:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Aside from the highly anticipated Google Pixel Fold, Sony's upcoming Xperia 1 V could also be equipped with a cutting-edge micro-hole front camera, which could allow the Japanese company to build an all-display flagship smartphone with extremely narrow bezels.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Sony-Xperia-1-V-to-feature-an-ultra-micro-hole-front-camera-that-allows-an-almost-bezel-less-design-without-a-punch-hole-or-notch.640838.0.html

kek

This is something so weird that I can actually see Sony giving it a try.

But if its not up with their standards, they will drop it

MIUI Tracking Bot

Under display cameras are already a thing and I'd thankfully trade the uninterrupted screen for slightly worse selfie image quality 🤷�♂️
Plus I have used different hole-punch screens since 2019 and I really don't see the huge issue with them either. As long as it's not a huge notch, pill-shaped or has a shiny ring around it the cutout fades out of the view.

Truther

I'm loving this truly no compromise attitude. The notch is dead, and long live full factor displays. Even when it came to sub display cameras, the quality photos from those cameras were always optically poor, this is a true non compromising design and innovation.

heffeque

Has everybody collectively forgotten about the periscope selfie camera?

I still love that my Mi 9T has no notch, no hole, etc.
All screen, the selfie camera only pops out when needed (it can give you clues of unwanted selfie camera access), and it's still working great with no signs of it breaking any time soon!

No face unlocking but... Who uses that when you already have quick and reliable fingerprint unlocking?

Hyacinth Bucket

I'm tired of this ridiculous "bezels are bad" mantra.  There's nothing wrong with some reasonable bezels.  Stop giving the anti-bezel crowd oxygen.

Will

This looks very promising, if they use this, the Xperia 1 V will be my next phone.

Quote from: MIUI Tracking Bot on August 17, 2022, 12:26:11Under display cameras are already a thing and I'd thankfully trade the uninterrupted screen for slightly worse selfie image quality 🤷�♂️

Well yes, but in the age of online conferencing, I don't think anyone would want to trade image quality for a hidden camera. Notch isn't a good idea, it cuts off images like dead pixels.

Quote from: heffeque on August 18, 2022, 00:37:43I still love that my Mi 9T has no notch, no hole, etc.
All screen, the selfie camera only pops out when needed (it can give you clues of unwanted selfie camera access), and it's still working great with no signs of it breaking any time soon!

I've seen lots of motorized camera fail, in around a year or two. I guess that's why pop up selfie trend died off. Personally, I think it was a great idea.

JLThom

if most phones had a rear screen, they wouldn't need a front-facing camera. use the rear screen for selfies.

Levinne Skinnette

John-Paul

Now all they need to do is just find a way to get us before or thunderbolt for on the charge port so that way I can use a raid 16 TB SSD external storage unit from sabrent for shooting videos with this and for digital cameras as well that use Gen 4 ssds and gen 3 ssds for these smartphones and digital cameras that they make instead of using those expensive memory cards that are made for black magic and red cameras as an alternative that might be a little cheaper for 8k video storage.

Otacon

Love most Sony products but their phones SUCK and I will never buy one again.

I got the latest xperia 1 IV phone for the ridiculous price of 1400 EUROS MIND YOU.
And what I ended up with is a phone that OVERHEATS when doing normal everyday stuff and simply STOPS you from using basic functions. I cant believe how bad the thermals on this expensive device are. It's 2022 sony, get your internals right first!! Untill then, HARD PASS ON ALL SONY PHONES

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview