News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Xiaomi RedmiBook Pro 16 2024 review - Perhaps the best Meteor Lake laptop with a long battery life

Started by Redaktion, April 22, 2024, 01:36:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A metal case, Core Ultra 7, 32 GB of RAM, a 3K IPS display, and a good keyboard - the RedmiBook Pro 16 offers all that for less than 1,000 Euros (~$1,066). In addition, a large 99-Wh battery ensures an extremely long battery life and Thunderbolt 4 is also included.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Xiaomi-RedmiBook-Pro-16-2024-review-Perhaps-the-best-Meteor-Lake-laptop-with-a-long-battery-life.829901.0.html

Mr Majestyk

Sorry you have a typo in the screen specs: The screen is 3072 x 1920 not 3720 x 1920 and is is 16:10. You just have to look at the picture to it is not the garbage class 16:9. Further 3720 would be 3.7K not 3K.

Cyrax

Ohh man, this is one of a kind laptop for under 1000 EUR!!!

First of all, very happy to see proper, T-shaped, full arrow keys. Other than that:

✅ Well built — aluminum case
✅ Great display — bight, no glossy, 165 Hz refresh rate
✅ Big battery — 99 Wh
✅ Pretty light (for 16 incher) — 1.867 kg
✅ Quiet fans - 32 dB (Load Average)
✅ Good cooling - 40.3 °C (Max upper side keyboard)

I think other laptop manufacturers take a lesson from it should follow this way!

Everything

chris@amd

this is real deal. no real cost cutting corner other than SSD, wifi speeds which are in acceptable range. and meteor lake is miles better than last gen, powerful enough and cool & efficient. hope you to review other xiaomi models too.

NikoB

Again, stupid non-standard resolution, not compatible at the pixel level with either 4k or fhd resolution - there will always be a slightly fuzzy picture of content made under 4k/fhd. Why not 4k 16:10, where ppi is greater than the minimum, critical 220-230? It's sad and stupid.

The screen panel is not known to panelook, but according to the author, it is completely fake in terms of response speed - a monstrous 39ms on G2G and 14ms on B2W, adding them together and dividing by 2 we get an average of 37.7 fps per second. There can be no talk of any "165Hz" here - pure fraud from the manufacturer with a frame rate nameplate. It apparently cannot even render 60fps video stably and smoothly in 100% of cases.

The author himself pointed out that lazy Xiaomi developers simply cheated their future buyers (not very smart) without even making a driver-converter for the native panel space for sRGB, which is assumed by default in Windows and in most software, which, moreover, rarely knows how to work properly with Windows color profiles. By the way, Windows itself, all versions, cannot work with its own profiles in all possible output APIs. Absurd? But these are facts.

Thus, the unfortunate (if they are not colorblind) owners of this Xiaomi product will be forced to constantly look at the oversaturated and extremely poisonous colors of the screen, without hardware calibration, which, as I wrote above, still does not work in 100% of screen display options due to the fault of M$ .

If there was a processor from AMD, in adrenaline it would be possible to turn on the auto-calibrator, even if it is rougher than hardware calibration, because... relies on the factory EDID profile, but with one setting it brings all colors into the sRGB space (RGB32), which immediately improves the visual perception by an order of magnitude, for the unfortunate owners of laptops with wide gamut panels. But here is rotten Intel, which has not had an autocalibrator in its video driver for more than 15 years, just like Nvidia. To their shame.

Processor - I do not believe in the indicated performance with PL1=45W, because... it clearly does not correlate with the results of other surveys. Expect performance much lower than in this review.

Well, as usual, the idiotic bias for a MacBook reduces the sales of Xiaomi laptops by an order of magnitude, without a normal keyboard with a full-fledged classic numpad. It's impossible to work on something like this. What else is it used for, such a laptop at home or in the office? Who is its target audience? I do not understand.

Just a bunch of negatives.

Everything

@NikoB
"Who is its target audience?"

Guy who:
-Don't draw/rendering
-Don't play games
-Don't want to touch apple ecosystem even by long stick

Cyrax

Quote from: NikoB on April 22, 2024, 14:21:23Again, stupid non-standard resolution, not compatible at the pixel level with either 4k or fhd resolution - there will always be a slightly fuzzy picture of content made under 4k/fhd. Why not 4k 16:10, where ppi is greater than the minimum, critical 220-230? It's sad and stupid.

The screen panel is not known to panelook, but according to the author, it is completely fake in terms of response speed - a monstrous 39ms on G2G and 14ms on B2W, adding them together and dividing by 2 we get an average of 37.7 fps per second. There can be no talk of any "165Hz" here - pure fraud from the manufacturer with a frame rate nameplate. It apparently cannot even render 60fps video stably and smoothly in 100% of cases.

The author himself pointed out that lazy Xiaomi developers simply cheated their future buyers (not very smart) without even making a driver-converter for the native panel space for sRGB, which is assumed by default in Windows and in most software, which, moreover, rarely knows how to work properly with Windows color profiles. By the way, Windows itself, all versions, cannot work with its own profiles in all possible output APIs. Absurd? But these are facts.

Thus, the unfortunate (if they are not colorblind) owners of this Xiaomi product will be forced to constantly look at the oversaturated and extremely poisonous colors of the screen, without hardware calibration, which, as I wrote above, still does not work in 100% of screen display options due to the fault of M$ .

If there was a processor from AMD, in adrenaline it would be possible to turn on the auto-calibrator, even if it is rougher than hardware calibration, because... relies on the factory EDID profile, but with one setting it brings all colors into the sRGB space (RGB32), which immediately improves the visual perception by an order of magnitude, for the unfortunate owners of laptops with wide gamut panels. But here is rotten Intel, which has not had an autocalibrator in its video driver for more than 15 years, just like Nvidia. To their shame.

Processor - I do not believe in the indicated performance with PL1=45W, because... it clearly does not correlate with the results of other surveys. Expect performance much lower than in this review.

Well, as usual, the idiotic bias for a MacBook reduces the sales of Xiaomi laptops by an order of magnitude, without a normal keyboard with a full-fledged classic numpad. It's impossible to work on something like this. What else is it used for, such a laptop at home or in the office? Who is its target audience? I do not understand.

Just a bunch of negatives.

Mister Troll! Ohh sorry, I meant NikoB 🤭

We will tell your concerns to laptop manufacturers and they will make a special, super duper laptop for you. But please, don't fill this article with your bunch of s*** that you did in your potty last night, okay?!

If these words feels harsh to you, go suck your dummy and lay down to sleep!

Bizarro_NikoB

This is a really nice laptop! Very impressed. How does someone in the US buy this? Anyone have suggestions?

Hunter2020

I don't know about the RedmiBook Pro 16 BUT you can definitely buy the RedmiBook 14 from Aliexpress.  The best time to get them is during an Aliexpress sales event.  I know that during said events like for example 11-11/Black Friday sales, you can get USD $100+ OFF the regular price of the laptop!

Hunter2020

LOL @ NikoB.  How can the screen be faked?  It's sourced from a 3rd party company just like any other laptop brand.  Unless you mean Xiaomi specifically told their LCD screen supplier to fake their product, which I think is dubious! 

fingers

The display information summary is wrong,
QuoteDisplay16.00 inch 16:9, 3720 x 1920 pixel 262 PPI, TL160MDMP03_0, IPS, glossy: no, 165 Hz
Shouldn't that be 3072 x 1920 and 16:10?

NikoB

Quote from: Hunter2020 on April 22, 2024, 19:49:09How can the screen be faked? 
Faked by response time and declarations for "165Hz", which should give a maximum response to B2W/G2G of no more than 1000/165 = 6ms. If you're dyslexic, that's your problem.

Mr. Longuee

Quote from: Everything on April 22, 2024, 15:01:45@NikoB
"Who is its target audience?"

Guy who:
-Don't draw/rendering
-Don't play games
-Don't want to touch apple ecosystem even by long stick

indeed !

Mr. Longuee

Quote from: RobertJasiek on Yesterday at 06:25:30
[...translation from german] Xiaomi burned me because of malware incidents and with Chinaware I also expect state trojans that would only be discovered later. Well, Qi Jiping, your policies have consequences!

- Unfortunatly I have to agree to what Robert Jasiek wrote in the german forum. The tech is great biu we don't need thought control.
- What about the VAT?
- With no CE marking the customs has the right to send it back or destroy it. The costs for that pays the buyer. I don't like this concept.
- Deficiency regulations are poor: you don't have any individual rights concerning this purchase in case of defect within 2 years

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview