News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Battery Failure in a 2 year old Dell Inspiron 13 7370

Started by Michelle T, February 26, 2020, 21:45:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Michelle T

I purchased a Dell Inspiron 13 7370 2 years ago.  I checked the specs carefully and purchased and returned 2 other laptops before settling on this one.  I've liked everything about it except the fact that it runs hot and the fan is frequently on and its noisy. Previously I had a MacBook Pro and it ran very cool.  I was surprised that a laptop could get this hot and not be malfunctioning. Now after two years, the battery is on the brink of failure and I have to purchase a new one.  I didn't link the heat with the battery life (I'm not that techy) but someone who a computer science student informed me that battery failure is a common Dell laptop problem, due to the heat.  MicroCenter will charge me the cost of the battery plus $60 for labor! Ouch! I see that Dell has a video for battery replacement.  Is it as simple as unscrewing the panel, removing the battery and putting the new one in? Is there anything to connect?  Can I successfully change the battery myself? It calls for a small Phillips (I have that).  Thank you.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview