News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Signify announces important upgrade for Philips Hue Bridge

Started by Redaktion, February 23, 2024, 11:58:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Philips Hue app will soon have improved support for multiple Hue Bridge devices. While users can already link multiple Bridges to one account, you must currently switch between these to control the various smart home devices connected to each unit. According to Signify, the upgrade will roll out later this year.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Signify-announces-important-upgrade-for-Philips-Hue-Bridge.806202.0.html

davidm

There's nothing really wrong with the hue bulbs (except they don't go dim enough) or bridge. The problem is controllers. None are nearly as good as flicking a light switch. Sometimes you get a nerd dad in a household who imposes a regime of arbitrary sliders, apps or voice controls, none of which work very well for such a basic function.

Johnsalazar

To be clear, you cannot currently add multiple hubs to a single Hue account. Each hub must have its own individual Hue account with its own individual email address assigned to it. What you currently can do is use the Philips Hue app to control multiple hubs.However, there is currently no way to add multiple hubs to your voice assistant. So, for instance, on one app I have 3 hubs linked, but have to switch between each hub and order to control the lights on that hub and I can only control the lights on my first hub using Google voice.

Sgriesch

Quote from: Johnsalazar on February 23, 2024, 20:28:36To be clear, you cannot currently add multiple hubs to a single Hue account. Each hub must have its own individual Hue account with its own individual email address assigned to it. What you currently can do is use the Philips Hue app to control multiple hubs.However, there is currently no way to add multiple hubs to your voice assistant. So, for instance, on one app I have 3 hubs linked, but have to switch between each hub and order to control the lights on that hub and I can only control the lights on my first hub using Google voice.

Johnsalazar is incorrect. You can have 2 hubs on one account / email address. Mine is set up this way. The only issue is described in the article. You have to manually switch between them to control items on each hub. It would be nice if Philips does fix this.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview