News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Tesla cars are cheapest to own with half the Toyota maintenance over 5 years

Started by Redaktion, April 23, 2024, 16:12:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

It takes very little in maintenance and repair costs to own a Tesla for five or even 10 years. At the other end of the spectrum are German premium cars like Mercedes, Audi, or Porsche, but they are not the worst offenders when it comes to ownership costs.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Tesla-cars-are-cheapest-to-own-with-half-the-Toyota-maintenance-over-5-years.830607.0.html

indy

I put the whole study methodology into question since the first segment obviously doesn't include tire maintenance. In 5 years you are going to be changing a Tesla set 1-2 times, minimum; versus Toyota 0-1 times. That is easily an extra $1-2K in costs I am not seeing listed.

Not getting into insurance (much higher on all EVs due to exhorbitant repair costs.)

I do see this changing over time as EV prevalence expands, but right now it's not so cut and dry

vertigo

Interesting looking at the clusters. Ford and Lincoln right next to each other, as are Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler and many Asian cars (Hyundai/Nissan/Mazda/Kia). But then GM is all over the place, with Buick at the top and GMC in the bottom half, and Chrysler and Cadillac in the middle. Seems they're much more variable and dependent on which sub-brand than most others.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview