News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio 2 Review - Multimedia Convertible with faster components

Started by Redaktion, October 04, 2023, 09:46:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Microsoft's Surface Laptop Studio is a pretty unique product and the second generation gets much faster components as well as more ports, but the foldable display is identical. This is also the case for the non-existent maintenance options as well as the high price.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Microsoft-Surface-Laptop-Studio-2-Review-Multimedia-Convertible-with-faster-components.757225.0.html

Tim Lesnick

Asus Rog Flow might be an interesting comparison, given powerful components and utility as both a notebook and pseudo-tablet.

Elisabet45

Compact PC manufacturer Minisforum has expanded the company's product portfolio to tablets. The brand has unveiled the Minisforum V3, an upcoming 2-in-1 Windows tablet powered by one of AMD's Ryzen 8000 (Hawk Point) processors.
he current rumor on the street is that Hawk Point is a 4nm mobile APU with Zen 4 cores and RDNA 3.5 graphics.
This is the product that, when it comes out, this Notebookcheck website should do a Review and comparison between both products.
It is the only alternative to the Surface after almost 9 years of overwhelming dominance by Microsoft.

JoeS

Apologies if this is mentioned, but were these benchmarks run with the device in laptop mode? On the cbutterstech YouTube channel it was shown that the thermal limits are raised in stage mode, allowing for near-maximum power operation for extended run times. It would be interesting to see if that affects any of the results here.

PWM

PWM even at 100% brightness? So stupid decission. What stopped them from using completely flicker-free screen?
I don't feel (my eyes) comfortable unless screen is 100% flicker-free (even relatively high frequency doesn't help if there is a PWM).

Peter Meinl

Crackling noise: My Thinkpad X1 Tablet 3rd gen sometimes makes a crackling noise. A hard reset (=disconnecting it from power inkl. battery) via poking in little hole in the chassis with a paperclip ends this noise.

Dorby

Returned the laptop after testing the battery which lasted only 4 hours average. Everything else was great, what a shame.

YUKI93

I'm actually rather impressed with the battery performance for a laptop with a 58Wh battery and a CPU with 115W TDP. I'd expect 4 to 5 hours of use, probably 6 at best. 8 hours of WiFi web surfing is impressive, especially when the Lenovo Yoga Pro 9 and ASUS ZenBook Pro 14 OLED cannot reach the same duration despite having a much bigger battery than this Surface. I've always loved this kind of laptop, and the Raptor Lake CPU makes a big difference from its Tiger Lake predecessor. Unquestionably, this is on my list as my next new laptop.

Ivandagiant

I get 4 hours of battery on average. I use the laptop for taking notes in class, and outside of class I use it for media consumption, programming, and gaming (though I've been so busy I've yet to play a game on it after 3 weeks).

4 hours, just like the prediction YUKI93 made, and what Dorby got from his laptop. I'm not sure how they got such stellar battery life in this review.

LG

JayTan

Quote from: LG on October 25, 2023, 19:49:03Have you ever tried to use pd3.0/3.1 charger on sls2 within the TB4 connection?

Yes, the TB4 connection does allow PD 3.0. You don't have to use the Surface Connect port to charge if you have a 125W+ USB-C charger already.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview