News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP Spectre X360 15 Late 2019 Convertible Review: Comet Lake Core i7 with GeForce MX Graphics

Started by Redaktion, January 16, 2020, 06:07:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

It's one of the heftier and better-looking convertibles for sure, but performance becomes a bit unsteady when under higher loads. Power users may want to consider the faster Core H and GTX SKUs instead.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-Spectre-X360-15-Late-2019-Convertible-Review-Comet-Lake-Core-i7-with-GeForce-MX-Graphics.449926.0.html

Malav Patel

Hello, it appears you have no even bothered to mention Hp command center. If the CPU is set to high-performance from the hp command center, the PL1 limit is raised to 25W, thus giving much higher clocks. I am a owner of this laptop as well, and this review is slightly misleading.

weeeeeeeeeeee

MSI Prestige 14 and 15, similar price, hexacore, Nividia graphics GPU, double the performance on Cinebench.

adam.mt

Quote from: Malav Patel on January 16, 2020, 13:39:29
Hello, it appears you have no even bothered to mention Hp command center. If the CPU is set to high-performance from the hp command center, the PL1 limit is raised to 25W, thus giving much higher clocks. I am a owner of this laptop as well, and this review is slightly misleading.

Seems to be the same with every Spectre reviewed at NBC (and possibly other laptops with similar switchable performance profiles...who knows!?).

There is also an insistence on calling any active pen Wacom, when that often isn't so.

Having mentioned both a few times, I think it's likely the editorial team don't read the comments. I'll try and email. It's a pity since NBC has far more authoritative reviews than most.

Allen.Ngo

hi guys,

thanks for the feedback and apologies for the late response. HP has told us that the upcoming 2020 Spectre x360 15 refresh will make Command Center more overt to owners by having its own dedicated key since system performance is so closely tied to HP's proprietary software instead of the usual Microsoft power settings. We'll adjust the settings from there for our next Spectre review.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview