News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Tesla vs Mercedes self-driving test ends in 40+ interventions as Elon Musk says FSD is years ahead

Started by Redaktion, May 10, 2024, 16:05:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

While Mercedes beat Tesla in Level 3 autonomous driving approval in the US, FSD is king for actual everyday driving, according to a new test putting it against the Mercedes Driver Assistance service.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Tesla-vs-Mercedes-self-driving-test-ends-in-40-interventions-as-Elon-Musk-says-FSD-is-years-ahead.835805.0.html

Michael p

It was obvious from the beggining that Mercedes was taking their lvl 3 just to claim that they were first. Say what you want about Tesla but at least they've never made such official claims and probably won't until they're ready.
 Let's hope FSD keeps evolving, it would be a massive plus to have self driving cars in the future

Jamesyyy

Pathetic comparison, like every thing about Tesla. Anyone tested benz experimental system? No, so how can you compare lab system to approved to use on the road one?

DooMMasteR

The video compares FSD beta with lane keep assist and ACC on the Mercedes, which is weird.
They are not using the Level 3 feature of the Mercedes (if it's even available).
Why do they even make such a weird video?

ElonCucks

Tesla will never make it to level 4 autonomy, period. FSD is an absolute joke and the fact that these Elon simps actually PAY HIM to beta test a product and provide free labor while putting everyone on the road at risk is absurd.

Tesla is a dumpster fire.

ksc

I don't care what mode the Mercedes was in. Making that many mistakes is absolutely unforgivable. If the system is not meant for those road conditions, it should be disabled. Tesla's FSD, of course, is much more advanced bc that's the flagship feature of their products. Other car manufacturers are doing it as an afterthought. Full FSD will be very hard to implement though until we have car-to-car wireless communications.

ACs

Quote from: ksc on May 11, 2024, 15:55:47I don't care what mode the Mercedes was in. Making that many mistakes is absolutely unforgivable. If the system is not meant for those road conditions, it should be disabled. Tesla's FSD, of course, is much more advanced bc that's the flagship feature of their products. Other car manufacturers are doing it as an afterthought. Full FSD will be very hard to implement though until we have car-to-car wireless communications.

Do human drive with communication between drivers? If not then why FSD need that?

Ace

Quote from: ElonCucks on May 11, 2024, 15:37:01Tesla will never make it to level 4 autonomy, period. FSD is an absolute joke and the fact that these Elon simps actually PAY HIM to beta test a product and provide free labor while putting everyone on the road at risk is absurd.

You are absolutely delusional then. When people said vision only wouldn't work, FSD is actually working and higher level of the autonomous driving is gonna happen. Even people live to tell it's working even before it's officially level 3 regardless of your denial.

NikoB

Mercedes marketers are lying - they do not have level 3 autopilot and will not have it in the next 10 years.

spokey

Quote from: ksc on May 11, 2024, 15:55:47I don't care what mode the Mercedes was in. Making that many mistakes is absolutely unforgivable. If the system is not meant for those road conditions, it should be disabled. Tesla's FSD, of course, is much more advanced bc that's the flagship feature of their products. Other car manufacturers are doing it as an afterthought. Full FSD will be very hard to implement though until we have car-to-car wireless communications.

Musk said that was coming.  I forget whether 12.5 or .6

To Clarify

Quote from: ElonCucks on May 11, 2024, 15:37:01.... the fact that these Elon simps actually PAY HIM to beta test a product and provide free labor while putting everyone on the road at risk is absurd.

Very well said!

Jacceko

Whole mars catalogue is extremely biased source, the have been cherry picking Tsla "fsd" videos for years.
If you want to compare, then do it with Mobileye, for example their video from Jerusalem

Nathan Jones

I will rely on the independent review instead of one that sponsor by Tesla, pretty sure that the independent review panel put both vehicles through rigorous testing before coming at their conclusion...

Willyiswily

Quote from: Jacceko on May 11, 2024, 23:25:21Whole mars catalogue is extremely biased source, the have been cherry picking Tsla "fsd" videos for years.
If you want to compare, then do it with Mobileye, for example their video from Jerusalem

Like Mobile Eye and the video from Jerusalem will be unbiased!? Get serious! Very early on in autopilot's development, Tesla used mobile eye but then broke off their relationship with them and started developing FSD on their own so mobile I has a very good reason to be biased against Tesla.

I have been driving Tesla Model s's since 2015. And I can tell you from personal experience that this newest version currently 12.3.6 is a huge game changer towards the development of FSD. The regulators use their levels of distinction but I will tell you I took four local Bay area driving trips in a row with it and did not have to disengage it once. This included inner-city traffic with right turns on red lights, waiting for pedestrians to cross, left turns on green and yellow lights and merging on and off freeways and exits. I was amazed at the improvements made in this level of autonomous driving!

A

Quote from: ACs on May 11, 2024, 16:57:23Do human drive with communication between drivers? If not then why FSD need that?

Humans do sometimes communicate with one another, maybe not on the open road but you sometimes signal someone to go ahead. That said, the point of the V2V, V2I and V2P is to make them much safer than humans. There is no shortage of issues where someone would suddenly hit the brakes and the large SUV ahead blocking the view and responding late, or a car blocked by a building around the corner

Quote from: Nathan Jones on May 12, 2024, 00:38:41I will rely on the independent review instead of one that sponsor by Tesla, pretty sure that the independent review panel put both vehicles through rigorous testing before coming at their conclusion...

The problem with a lot of testing methods I've seen like take consumer reports, most of their criteria are things unrelated to cruise control/self driving and they don't weight the criteria either. So a system can do abysmal on actual performance and capabilities but get a decent rating because it ticks all the unrelated checkboxes. Hence why super cruise got #2 in their ranking despite by their own admission having middling performance and capabilities

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview