News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

MSI P65 Creator 8RF (i7-8750H, GTX 1070 Max-Q, 512 GB SSD, 144 Hz) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, November 14, 2018, 22:33:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

MSI's Prestige series promises desktop-level performance while maintaining maximum mobility at the same time. We have decided to take a closer look at whether MSI managed to keep its promises. At first glance, the device seems to keep its word, and a 6-core CPU and GTX 1070 are great for much more than just working.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-P65-Creator-8RF-i7-8750H-GTX-1070-Max-Q-512-GB-SSD-144-Hz-Laptop-Review.361391.0.html

LL

Apologies beforehand, a sort of off topic, do you know when RTX based laptops will arrive?

lasse

you mention that you measure srgb colours nonstandard why? lately it has been very difficult to find mediumly priced laptops on notebookcheck with 100 % srgb is it because of this nonstandard measurement? Have you changed the measurement method since 2-3 years ago. This metric is very important for my choice of laptop.

Vance

Not bad but too expensive for a tacky spray paint and wooden trinket.

Clevo P955ER is better built and costs only $1,600 for an i7,1070 MQ,144Hz IPS model. That's the highest I would pay for a GTX 1070. Better customization, repairability and service too.

Aero 15 is all around a better solid upgrade from the Clevo than MSI - superior keyboard, battery, build, ports, upgradability, and overall finish. Plus the black aluminum envelope design looks and feels nicer, subjectively speaking of course.

Leonardo Visentin

Here in Italy P955ER comes in ET fashion only, from authorized resellers, with Quadro P3200 and P4000 graphic cards, and costs 2000€+ for barebone with soldered CPU and video card only, putting in RAM and SSD it would cost quite a bit the same as this white edition, which in turn costs much more than the 2k indicated in the review (I never saw it under 2600 here). But MSI is quite a bit aesthetically nicer  ;)

EvilUnicorn

Be aware that the advertised 'Thunderbolt 3, 'one port that does it all' actually doesn't. It doesn't support Caldigit TS3 plus or TB3 external storage. The TB port only offers video out, no charging or anything other than that. For me reason enough to sell it.

AliceN

So, all the screen tests are very confusing. Do I understand correctly that MSI P65 is worse than Dell XPS 15 with FHD panel if we are talking about color correstion and overall video/photo postproduction?

What is about panel in the basic model? Are there much difference in colorspace coverage and color accuracy comparing to this one with 144 refresh rate?

Mich18

Great review,
but I can't understand the differences between the screens of the Limited Edition model and the silver ones: other than the 144 vs 60 Hz, are they similar in terms of color coverage and brightness?

Does the entire product family use the same screen or are they actually different?

Thank you

Denis

I find it's great on the performance side, but it does get hot a little when high demand on cpu/gpu. The screen is just awesome, 144hz is just way bettter than 60hz. The only thing I don't understand, is how you get so much battery life out of it? I can barely top 4 hours witth it and this with every non essential turned low or off and screen @ 35%.

Denis

Lasted 9 months, now multiple different BSODs every time I BOOT in windows. Submitted an RMA on monday, now friday and still no reply. MSI have great laptops, until you need servicing, next time will go back to DELL or ASUS, or maybe try RAZER for a change, this P65 8RF has left a sour taste in my mouth, good thing I have other laptops to rely on. This P65 was mainly used for work and occasional gaming, now using my ASUS X556UQ when I work from home. Gaming on my GS65 9SD, GL62M 7RDX and GE72 6QF, for personal finances/travel/light gaming PS63 8RDS. Was going to purchase the GE66 10SF to replace my GL62M, but with this issue still pending, no way!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview