News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lithium downfall may result in lower Cybertruck prices as major refineries close shop

Started by Redaktion, April 11, 2023, 13:38:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Some of the world's largest battery-grade lithium refineries are ceasing production in the hope that prices will rebound. The tag on a ton of lithium carbonate has seen a huge drop from its November peak with barely a day when the price didn't fall this year, which should translate into cheaper EV batteries.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lithium-downfall-may-result-in-lower-Cybertruck-prices-as-major-refineries-close-shop.706665.0.html

jrharbort

It wont affect the price very much, if at all. The volume of lithium by weight compared to the rest of the battery is very small, usually a few kg per pack. And while prices were "high" for a while, it's still not enough to have a huge impact on battery pricing. I don't know why people think these battery packs are hulking 400kg lithium behemoths.

Mugen

There is so many issues with these battery powered vehicles I truly believe they are gimmicks or a fad n sooner than later these things will come to an abrupt end!  It's just one issue after another! 

TheFuture

maz

Wow..EVs "issues" are non existant compared to ICE vehicles issues. EV issues are generally good issues to have like cleaning up the planet, lower cost of ownership.. WAY lower cost of ownership, 11 times less likely to catch fire than ICE vehicles, Way safer than ICE vehicles , issues like eliminating the need for fossile fuels, issues like eliminating wars over fossile fuels/ Oil.. What "issues" are you referring to.. is it the Chevy Bolt battery fires which effected less than .01% of the vehicles.. Is it the lack of a transmission that wont fail.. is it the lack of exhaust systems that wont fail.. is it the lack of a timing belt, spark plugs and hundreds of other components that wont fail.. Please explain what "issues" you and the mis-informed media are referring to.. and oh by the way.. the earth is actually round and EVs are not a fad.. they are the future !!

A

Quote from: jrharbort on April 12, 2023, 15:57:54It wont affect the price very much, if at all. The volume of lithium by weight compared to the rest of the battery is very small, usually a few kg per pack. And while prices were "high" for a while, it's still not enough to have a huge impact on battery pricing. I don't know why people think these battery packs are hulking 400kg lithium behemoths.
Pretty much, around 5kg of lithium per car. Even if lithium costs 100k per ton, that would only be 500 bucks. But I guess people get obsessed with lithium in its name.

Quote from: Mugen on April 13, 2023, 03:05:38There is so many issues with these battery powered vehicles I truly believe they are gimmicks or a fad n sooner than later these things will come to an abrupt end!  It's just one issue after another! 
There is so many issues with the horseless carriage, I truly believe they are gimmicks or a fad n sooner than later these things will come to an abrupt end!  It's just one issue after another! /s

The biggest mistake people make is thinking of EVs as if they are ICE cars, it is no different than thinking of ICE cars as they were horses. This is why to you who hasn't tried an EV it may seem that way, but there is a reason why the car with highest customer satisfaction is an EV. Most of the so called problems you worry about are ICE car problems that don't apply to EVs because they work slightly different. Just like you don't feed your horseless carriage grass that is far more common than gas stations.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview