News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell XPS 14 2024 review - The multimedia laptop with the slowest RTX 4050 Laptop in the world

Started by Redaktion, April 05, 2024, 14:07:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Dell has presented the XPS 14, a new multimedia laptop of which we have tested the high-end variant with an OLED panel and the GeForce RTX 4050 Laptop. At almost US$3,000, the device costs an arm and a leg and especially when it comes to performance, you shouldn't set your expectations too high.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-XPS-14-2024-review-The-multimedia-laptop-with-the-slowest-RTX-4050-Laptop-in-the-world.822652.0.html

Ziv

So basically all it has going for it is that it looks pretty?

Expensive, heavy, loud, annoying f keys, slow (compare to similar laptops), if you want higher specs you're forced to buy a uselessly slow dgpu...the list goes on and on.

I'm looking to replace my 9560 XPS15 but it looks like I won't be buying an xps14 anytime soon.

Bizarro_NikoB

Love the title too!

I can't believe Dell is going this direction with the XPS line. It will be interesting to see if there is a backlash to their design choices here and if so, how long till they course correct.

DC

Typing now from my Zenbook 14 Pro OLED with a 14900h and 4070 (110w vbios). It's a non-starter for me, Dell, why continue to parade design ineptitude? It's a non-starter.

SirTimbit

I'm surprised this received a score of 86% based on this review. Even that doesn't seem justified given the price and performance.
It's amazing to me that Dell looked to the much-panned 2016-19 MacBooks with Touchbar for inspiration when even Apple abandoned the concept. Even Apple reverted the Esc key back to a traditional key after much criticism.

BillG

There are a number of reasons I wouldn't buy this laptop:
  • Capacitive function keys with no feedback.  I mean, even Apple first recognized Esc needs to be a separate key, and then ditched the touch bar altogether.
  • Stupid Copilot key in place of RCtrl.  I need the right ctrl key for programming.
  • It's too expensive.  The competing options with the same specs are at least $500 less.

I don't understand who is the potential customer here.  XPS 14 is as expensive as a MacBook Pro.  It's got to be a person who really, really likes Windows (or hates macOS) to overlook all the flaws and poor performance of this laptop.

Ws

The fact is Dell doesn't even open an intake vent directly to the fan with a nvidia graphic card. I'm sure it's for their "simplicity" design, but it can actually kill the machine in terms of performance. One way that I can think of to resolve it - get the 1200p option for 1.68kg and use a driller to open the bottom case. Or just use it without that case should boost the performance.

Anonymous John

I hate how dell's premium offerings are overpriced just to compete with Apple's MBP, at the same price.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview