News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo IdeaPad Pro 5 14AHP9 laptop review - The powerful ultraportable with Ryzen 8000 and 120-Hz OLED

Started by Redaktion, March 21, 2024, 18:02:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The new Lenovo IdeaPad Pro 5 14 is a 14-inch laptop with a fast AMD Zen4 processor and a high-res 120 Hz 2.8K OLED screen. In addition, it features 32 GB RAM and USB 4.0 for a comparatively low price.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-IdeaPad-Pro-5-14AHP9-laptop-review-The-powerful-ultraportable-with-Ryzen-8000-and-120-Hz-OLED.815456.0.html

WannaBuyIt

Hi, Thank you for the review, they are great as always.  I'm thinking in buying this laptop, but I have a question. Despite it comes with a 2242 SSD, do you think is it possible to install a full length SSD (2280)? I see there is a thread more or less at the correct distance, but there is also that black connector in the way... Thanks and keep up with the excellent work!   

sHaMeFuL

Why did the Samsung Galaxy Book 4 Ultra get 94% for its battery and this one 90%, when it is only 40 minutes shorter in video playback (but still a whopping seventeen hours) but promptly destroys the Samsung in everything else?

PHVM_BR

Quote from: sHaMeFuL on March 22, 2024, 11:51:13Why did the Samsung Galaxy Book 4 Ultra get 94% for its battery and this one 90%, when it is only 40 minutes shorter in video playback (but still a whopping seventeen hours) but promptly destroys the Samsung in everything else?

Maybe because Book4 has more battery life even with a smaller capacity battery (76Wh vs 84Wh)?

Neenyah

So this is basically a perfect device 😳 Of course it isn't as nothing is perfect but for the €/value there is nothing close to it. Is there anything else to beat this at any point in this price range of 950€ (!!), hm? Of course not. Great screen (high PWM too, instead of the usual 60 Hz in cheap laptops with OLEDs), 32 GB RAM, strong specs, not getting hot at all, not really getting too loud either, great battery life, great port selection too and very decent input devices.

Sure you can get laptops for the same price (or cheaper) with better CPU but worse everything else. With great specs but trash screen. With all good but horrible battery life. With better screen but 8-16 GB RAM and loud fan(s). With... you name it. Here you get nothing the best of the best but certainly well-rounded in all regards for great cost. Wtf? How is this not 1650€ or so? Crazy. We need more of products like this!

sHaMeFuL

Quote from: PHVM_BR on March 22, 2024, 15:21:10
Quote from: sHaMeFuL on March 22, 2024, 11:51:13Why did the Samsung Galaxy Book 4 Ultra get 94% for its battery and this one 90%, when it is only 40 minutes shorter in video playback (but still a whopping seventeen hours) but promptly destroys the Samsung in everything else?

Maybe because Book4 has more battery life even with a smaller capacity battery (76Wh vs 84Wh)?

10% smaller battery
8% worse web surfing
8% worse web surfing max brightness
4% better big buck bunny
30% worse full load

Is this really enough for 4 percentage points difference?

Anyway, as a consumer I don't care about battery capacity, I care about runtimes and weight, the Lenovo being better in average in the former while at the same time significantly better in the latter.

Unrelated to this: shame for the loud fans, could've been the perfect lower midrange laptop

21jaaj

Quote from: WannaBuyIt on March 21, 2024, 22:39:50Despite it comes with a 2242 SSD, do you think is it possible to install a full length SSD (2280)? I see there is a thread more or less at the correct distance, but there is also that black connector in the way... 

Lenovo's own PSREF database says it has an m2.2280 slot, so the black connector shouldn't be in the way I think.

drtnjz

Quote from: 21jaaj on March 26, 2024, 21:35:32
Quote from: WannaBuyIt on March 21, 2024, 22:39:50Despite it comes with a 2242 SSD, do you think is it possible to install a full length SSD (2280)? I see there is a thread more or less at the correct distance, but there is also that black connector in the way... 

Lenovo's own PSREF database says it has an m2.2280 slot, so the black connector shouldn't be in the way I think.

Unfortunately, 2280 ssds dont fit. The connector is in the way, I tried to fit one.

Vol4ik

Quote from: drtnjz on April 01, 2024, 08:58:24
Quote from: 21jaaj on March 26, 2024, 21:35:32

Unfortunately, 2280 ssds dont fit. The connector is in the way, I tried to fit one.

Could you show a photo with the removed SSD?
An unusual plastic mount, suddenly it can be used for 2280?
In the specifications section of the official Lenovo website, the 14APH9 model has a slot for 2280, it would be strange if they provided false information

TheBo

Does it have auto mode lightning for Keyboard? I really hope Lenovo doesn't ditch the 6 speakers configuration of the Slim 7 Pro 2023

beanbaggers

Wojciech

Scott Deagan

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview