News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus Zenbook 14 OLED review - The 1.2-kg subnotebook with 120-Hz OLED and Core Ultra 7

Started by Redaktion, February 21, 2024, 16:02:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Asus has updated its Zenbook 14 OLED, now making use of an even more compact and lightweight case. Even so, it still features an Intel Core Ultra 7 155H which, in turn, now demands more from the installed cooling unit. Its new 120-Hz OLED display, on the other hand, impresses with accurate colors and good HDR capabilities.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-Zenbook-14-OLED-review-The-1-2-kg-subnotebook-with-120-Hz-OLED-and-Core-Ultra-7.805236.0.html

Kairoku

I just hope they improve the build quality, especially given the price. I got the 12th gen zenbook and despite being all metal it creeks and cracks like a cheap Walmart laptop. Coming from an xps 13 this thing was more expensive yet feels like a budget laptop in comparison.

Oto

Quote from: Kairoku on February 21, 2024, 18:26:35I just hope they improve the build quality, especially given the price. I got the 12th gen zenbook and despite being all metal it creeks and cracks like a cheap Walmart laptop. Coming from an xps 13 this thing was more expensive yet feels like a budget laptop in comparison.
Quote from: Kairoku on February 21, 2024, 18:26:35I just hope they improve the build quality, especially given the price. I got the 12th gen zenbook and despite being all metal it creeks and cracks like a cheap Walmart laptop. Coming from an xps 13 this thing was more expensive yet feels like a budget laptop in comparison.

I totaly agree, I have older XPS 13 and compare to this Zenobok its a more valuable. How did Zenbook got the score 90 about the built quality?  The screen is moving every time when I hit to the keyboard....

Shahnawaz

Yeah I got the Zenbook 14X and the body creaks from everyhere. How can tbey rate it so high for the build quality ?

AB

Body build have been greatly improved. The same with screen stability. I have ux3405 and ux3402, there is massive improvement in every aspect. In my opinion, this laptop is underrated. It's a great windows alternative to macbook air.

lmao

Quote from: AB on February 26, 2024, 07:58:51It's a great windows alternative to macbook air.
windows alternative for macbook air is macbook air running windows arm in parallels lol

AB

Quote from: lmao on February 26, 2024, 08:51:18
Quote from: AB on February 26, 2024, 07:58:51It's a great windows alternative to macbook air.
windows alternative for macbook air is macbook air running windows arm in parallels lol

Good luck with trying to run windows server VM on your macbook air (or any non-arm windows VM). The same with using 160 MHz wifi. I am not saying that air is bad machine because it's actually very good laptop. For many reasons, I prefer windows. Every time I buy new laptop, I ask myself- windows or mac pro? I am going for windows, it's a choice of person who spent over 20 years in IT industry. Other people may have different choices- I respect other users' needs/preferences.

lmao

Quote from: AB on February 26, 2024, 14:15:05or any non-arm windows VM
i kinda said it has to be windows arm.
it is not a question of choice or personal preference, this windows laptop with active cooling is not a competition to macbook air, they are for different audiences. so best macbook air is macbook air.

as for using it for dev, i don't see any point in sticking to windows anymore. docker and even sql server can run on macos. jetbrains ides easily replace visual studio. vscode is cross-platform. so both os get you covered. whatever.

AB

Quote from: lmao on February 26, 2024, 14:29:25
Quote from: AB on February 26, 2024, 14:15:05or any non-arm windows VM
i kinda said it has to be windows arm.
it is not a question of choice or personal preference, this windows laptop with active cooling is not a competition to macbook air, they are for different audiences. so best macbook air is macbook air.

as for using it for dev, i don't see any point in sticking to windows anymore. docker and even sql server can run on macos. jetbrains ides easily replace visual studio. vscode is cross-platform. so both os get you covered. whatever.

It wasn't coincident I used word "alternative". Some people stick to windows because they like it, others because of software requirements. Mac air it's some sort of quality standard even if has some weakness. But it cannot be alternative to the full version of windows, if it is needed. Speaking on arm in windows- there is a lot of work to do to make it works properly and it will not happen overnight... 
Going back to Zenbook 14- I have model with 185H, believe or not, it is fanless/ almost fanless while using whisper mode, with very good performance... It's quiet, fast, great spec, long battery life and you have high performance on demand when you need it. 

lmao

Quote from: AB on February 26, 2024, 15:24:13Mac air it's some sort of quality standard even if has some weakness.
it's not about standards, mac air is for people who value different things than users of this laptop
Quote from: AB on February 26, 2024, 15:24:13using whisper mode
'whisper mode' is just low performance mode with unknown benchmark results, can we just stop pretending intel chips can run in passively cooled laptops with adequate performance

lmao

Quote from: AB on February 26, 2024, 16:24:23in the UK, currently only in stock on amazon for £1349
cool!
have you by chance got time to do a geekbench 6.2 in 'whisper mode'? they usually don't test these things in reviews and i'm really interested to see performance figures in max gutted mode

AB

In whisper mode, single 2445 multi 12734, you should be able to see it on geekbench browser possibly tomorrow (you can filter results typing in intel core ultra 9 ux3405ma). I couldn't even notice fan sitting next to laptop.

On performance mode, it did 2462 and 13658 respectively. Results on standard are similar to performance mode.

lmao

ouch i've expected more from 185h
lower than m3pro, around 2021 m1max

two and a half year lag

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview