News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus ExpertBook B9 OLED (2023) review: Slim business notebook for demanding users

Started by Redaktion, November 09, 2023, 22:09:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

High performance and long battery life at the same time. Compactly built and well equipped at the same time. The Asus ExpertBook B9 achieves the feat of being a laptop without any notable weaknesses. More so as the equipment leaves hardly anything to be desired - for a price.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-ExpertBook-B9-OLED-2023-review-Slim-business-notebook-for-demanding-users.766411.0.html

LL

Ish

ishneedsabrain

Quote from: Ish on November 13, 2023, 23:31:04OLED on a productivity laptop... truly dumb. Enjoy your burn-in, smooth brains... lmao!
there is no burn in on laptops with modern OLED tech. the OLED screens used aren't the same ones used on phones in 2012. update your information about modern screen tech, you're on a tech site ffs.

A

Quote from: ishneedsabrain on November 14, 2023, 17:16:47there is no burn in on laptops with modern OLED tech. the OLED screens used aren't the same ones used on phones in 2012. update your information about modern screen tech, you're on a tech site ffs.
You can see with your own eyes modern OLED TVs slowly degrading in 'RTINGS 100 OLED TV test'. Google it, it will probably be the first link. Data at the bottom of the page is available for every 2 months.

indy

According to rtings update, many TV's suffer from a software glitch where they are not running their OLED compensation/optimization routine.  (Sony seems to be really bad at this and makes it quite difficult to remedy) When they are run, most TV's do NOT have burn-in.

Also, looking at the LCD burn-in, you see MUCH more burn-in effects.

Finally, unless you are running static images on your TV/phone/computer, the burn-in effects seem really minimal.  What was surprising was outright failures of the panels, especially at the higher-end.  Their conclusion says this makes sense since they push the limits in terms of power draw/nits/brightness/etc.

They haven't had enough data for computer displays yet to make a conclusion.  They are much more likely to see burn-in effects though due to taskbars/menus in software.

A

Quote from: indy on November 15, 2023, 18:35:38When they are run, most TV's do NOT have burn-in.
Compensation cycles are not there for permanent burn-in, which is electroluminescent layer degradation, they are there for image retention, specifically TFT threshold voltage shift, which is temporary.

And in the same video, in Conclusions, they literally tell static CNN bottom bar, messes up OLED panels permanently.

LCDs have only temporary retention.

I agree with you though that computers show way more static imagery than TVs. So it'll be worse.

sima

I bought one ASUS ExpertBook in September 2023. I am all in all not happy with it at all. Despite the high Ram and all, it hangs doing the most basic processes. The ASUS pen I bought with it sometimes works and a lot of times doesn't! I have had to uninstall and reinstall its drivers twice already in less than six months.
On top of everything the body has an unacceptably low quality, something I still cannot believe from such new model. The corners of the keyboard are wearing off and the black layer comes off with a slight nail scratch!!!! I have barely even moved the device, all these months I have used it on my desk and it has never fallen or carried a long distance in an unprotected bag. Since the guarantee is from a foreign country and not where I live, the ASUS center where I live has not accepted the defects. I am truly frustrated and have decided to sell it half price and buy something that I can actually use!

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview