News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple M4 SoC analysis - AMD, Intel and Qualcomm currently don't stand a chance

Started by Redaktion, May 20, 2024, 12:05:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy chan

Despite the tough competition from AMD, Intel and Qualcomm, Apple continues to be the best in the processor chips while raising the performance bar. In addition, Apple is a in-house closed ecosystem which ensures better compatibility than their competition.

edhun

Just quick question- is security issue sorted (potential unauthorized access to encrypted data) or we still pretending it does not exist? I believe it would be worth to mention something about it in review.

Hotz

Quote from: edhun on Today at 00:48:49Just quick question- is security issue sorted (potential unauthorized access to encrypted data) or we still pretending it does not exist? I believe it would be worth to mention something about it in review.

According to a comment on the german subforum the issue was fixed yesterday with an bugfix update.

edhun

That is quite interesting. This security issue was described as uncatchable, with possible "workaround" leading to drop in performance in range of 30-40%. I haven't heard nothing official from Apple yet, possibly because simply it didn't happen. If it did, Apple would be very laud about it. People on the forums may write many things they believe in; it does not mean it is a true.

Hotz

sorry @ edhun:

I've mixed up your question with something else: I thought you were talking about the recent issue of allegedly deleted photos reappearing on iPhones again (which is an issue on 2nd hand devices). And only that issue was fixed yesterday.

But you probably meant another issue with "unauthorized access to encrypted data". I do not know any details about that, sorry. That issue might still exist.

Neenyah

Quote from: Hotz on Today at 13:31:43But you probably meant another issue with "unauthorized access to encrypted data". I do not know any details about that, sorry. That issue might still exist.

This: researchers find unfixable bug in apple computers (Low Level Learning @ YT) ?

Nothing official from Apple, they are aware about it since December 2023 but no update was pushed (or it was but everyone ignores it which I find unlikely). M4 is supposed to have no problem of that kind, time will tell.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview