News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP Omen 15: Gaming laptop with good battery life

Started by Redaktion, September 20, 2020, 04:39:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

With the Omen series, HP offers gaming laptops that are directly aimed at gamers. Not only does HP cover the high-end segment here, but it also offers attractive devices for the entry level. With the current Omen 15, we certainly have an interesting device on the market that doesn't need to hide in terms of price-performance ratio.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-Omen-15-Gaming-laptop-with-good-battery-life.494680.0.html

Kiki

This is the worst model to buy, should have tested the AMD 1660ti or the i7 2070 super 4k oled

vekspec

Are you gonna review the AMD model? Many tech channels say that's the best model with the 4800H.

Taylan

You usually add the icm or icc color profile of the calibrated screen. Why didn't you add the file for this notebook

Eric Kelly

Quote from: Kiki on September 21, 2020, 10:07:34
This is the worst model to buy, should have tested the AMD 1660ti or the i7 2070 super 4k oled

No, the 4K / 60HZ OLED model is NOT the "best" not even remotely so.

For gaming (especially) 144hz is FAR FAR superior to 60hz regardless if it's OLED.

Really the best HP OMEN out currently is the one with the AMD Ryzen 7 4800H (8 cores / 16 threads) + GTX 1660Ti (roughly = to RTX 2060 +/- 5-10% depending on the game, etc.)

mecan

I have an HP Omen with 2070, and this review is OK with some mistakes. Some highlights:
-I don't think it necessarily looks cheap, e.g. the logo looks ubercool. So, imo this is quite subjective.
-One mistake of the review is that the fans CAN stop at idle. There is an -easy setting in BIOS to change that.
-Speakers are really good at this price range.

duzenko

Whoever decided to swap the Delete and PrtScr buttons deserves the Idiot of the Year title.

andyturfer

Does anyone know if it's possible to completely power down (power off) the Nvidia GPU on the Omen 15?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview