News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Sony Xperia 1 II Smartphone Review: the Alpha-camera flagship

Started by Redaktion, September 20, 2020, 01:30:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Sony Xperia 1 II comes with the Cinema Pro application, which we already saw in other smartphones from Sony, and a new special camera application. It brings features found in Sony's DSLR cameras to the Xperia 1 II, which should make photography enthusiasts particularly excited. Read our review to learn whether or not the 1200-Euro (~$1420) smartphone provides enough value in day-to-day use to justify its price tag.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Sony-Xperia-1-II-Smartphone-Review-the-Alpha-camera-flagship.494651.0.html

jon.g

Too bad you didn't test color accuracy with the ability to tinker color temperature. You used to do it for past Xperia reviews and provide a setting that gives ideal color accuracy. Please retest and provide a follow-up. Thanks!

Just Another Guy

I object to the prejudicial language in this review. "Middling", "Mediocre" etc would never have been used in an Apple or Samsung review. Instead we would have seen phrases like ""standard" and "balanced" from the same results
It is absolutely ridiculous that the chassis is given such a low score, not to mention the 4K, OLED display which produces >120% of RGB colours. This feature alone would have been lauded to the heavens on any other device.
The only area in which the Xperia I mkII does let the user down is in the battery. I admit that.
I tested my friend's iPhone 11 directly against the Xperia 1, playing the same movies and high resolution audio at the same volume and bought the Sony machine.
The Xperia I mkII is even better. There is no doubt whatsoever that the entire smartphone review community have developed some sort of animus against Sony phones and I find it disgusting.
I expected better from notebookcheck.

S.Yu

Quote from: Just Another Guy on September 21, 2020, 02:13:20
I object to the prejudicial language in this review. "Middling", "Mediocre" etc would never have been used in an Apple or Samsung review. Instead we would have seen phrases like ""standard" and "balanced" from the same results
It is absolutely ridiculous that the chassis is given such a low score, not to mention the 4K, OLED display which produces >120% of RGB colours. This feature alone would have been lauded to the heavens on any other device.
The only area in which the Xperia I mkII does let the user down is in the battery. I admit that.
I tested my friend's iPhone 11 directly against the Xperia 1, playing the same movies and high resolution audio at the same volume and bought the Sony machine.
The Xperia I mkII is even better. There is no doubt whatsoever that the entire smartphone review community have developed some sort of animus against Sony phones and I find it disgusting.
I expected better from notebookcheck.
I generally agree especially on the subjective wording, but just one point one the screen, there's nothing special about the gamut, it's in fact hard for RGBOLED screens to go too narrow, they're all close to 100% ARGB and P3. The two specialties, 4K and aspect ratio, are both double-edged swords, the aspect ratio for obvious reasons, 4K because of the power efficiency and yield. It's a differentiation, granted, but not guaranteed an advantage.

Handy

Almost all the so called reviewers are biased shills for Apple and Samsung because they get free phone to review. Sony doesn't give af and doest send these clowns free units. As a result these fakes borrow the phone from someone to bash it. Lol

S.Yu

Quote from: Handy on February 07, 2021, 02:48:35
Almost all the so called reviewers are biased shills for Apple and Samsung because they get free phone to review. Sony doesn't give af and doest send these clowns free units. As a result these fakes borrow the phone from someone to bash it. Lol
This site buys most of its review units and if it received it for free it should say so. I also remember quite a few free review units receiving negative opinion here.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview