News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell Precision 5690 workstation review: Ready for the AI revolution

Started by Redaktion, May 09, 2024, 23:15:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The XPS-inspired Precision has been refreshed this year with the latest 14th gen Intel Core Ultra CPUs. There are unfortunately no new GPU options, but performance-per-volume is still impressive nonetheless.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-Precision-5690-workstation-review-Ready-for-the-AI-revolution.831208.0.html

NikoB

This crap doesn't have a 1024-bit memory bus, why would anyone buy this thing? Soldered memory and they couldn't even be bothered to pull that off. These companies only want to rip more money out from consumer's hands with their malicious and nefarious practices. I'm far too smart to buy a product like this.

EvAlK

I don't get why this dell laptop rates so highly. It has low freq screen flicker, poor colour accuracy on screen, poor port count, rubbish battery performance, low power efficiency, it drops off boost quick, it consumes massive power, it has big dpc latency, it costs more than gold, it has no discernible win other than sleek looks. Why NBC.com has this at anythimg above 80% rating is beyond my comprehension. Disappointed, pleas review better

LL

19000 Cinebench R23 CPU and 23 sec Blender GPU Optix Classroom is a bad performance for the price.

PHVM_BR

Dell needs to tune these Meteor Lakes better.

Their laptops with these CPUs are delivering less performance at a higher power compared to laptops from other manufacturers.

I remember that at the launch of the Precision 7670/7770 with Alder Lake, the load line was poorly calibrated and performance was low with high heating.

This was fixed months later with a BIOS update.

Even the reviews of two 7670s here on notebookcheck were made before the correction...

NikoB

The author needs to perform at the circus with such statements in the title of the review.

This is just a total EPIC FAIL on all counts for a monstrous $6000 (which, apparently at sales, will turn into 2500-3000 in the best case, for Dell).

Shame on the ports, shame on the keyboard. Shame on the screen. Shame on the performance, Shame on the noise. Shame with the heating.

I'm even too lazy to describe everything point by point, because... everything is obvious from the review.

I would really like to know how many copies of this garbage Dell will be able to sell for kickbacks (at the stated price) to corporate purchasing managers?

Keep Dell going bankrupt! Or will Grandpa Biden save you again at the expense of taxpayers, as Intel, Micron, etc. are already saving you?

eggnogg8086

Pretty cool that it has a modular gpu, shame about the ram and the weak ports though

Hello

Any reason why the battery life is so bad? Models with the same chip and smaller batteries have been shown better results

usacomputer

Honestly, I would never buy a 16" laptop that didn't have a numeric keypad, it seems like the biggest waste in the world to me.
Another thing that I don't understand, having more battery, is that the laptop lasts less than a 14" laptop, incomprehensible, I imagine that the Intel processor is to blame.
Another thing that set me back is its high weight, which makes it impossible to transport it on long journeys, so you don't get the maximum profitability from it. That's why I bought a PC.
These products with so many flaws should never go on the market instead of moving forward we are going backwards.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview