News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell XPS 15 9500 Core i7 GeForce GTX 1650 Ti Laptop Review: No Core i9 Nonsense

Started by Redaktion, June 09, 2020, 06:38:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Panda

Hi,

Do you think if we add thermal pads on the CPU and GPU and laptop cooling pads, we could use the full potential of the CPU?

Thanks for the help!

Sam Z

How is it possible that the XPS 15 gets a lower display rating than the MacBook Pro 16 while having higher brightness, better contrast ratio, higher resolution, no PWM, better colour gamut? Strange.

Michael R

Hello,

I'm reading everywhere how great the screen is.
However I just received my 9700 units and the colours are horribly oversaturated.
I switched to sRGB in Dell's PremierColor app, but now the colors look somewhat faded and still off.

So when the article says the screen is well calibrated out of the box, I'm wondering which settings your chose.

We should not have to pay for a monitor calibration tool when the laptop costs between $2000 and $4000.

Anyone is having the same issues ?

visitor

The reviews on the website started to smell fishy to me when I compared the reported noise for 3 laptops from different makers (Dell, Razer, Asus) and in different class - ultrabook, gaming and multimedia.
All of them apparently idle at 28 db and do 46-48 db at load.
I have 2 of those next to me and the gaming one (Razer) always spins the fans and if you google it you will find out that Razer doesn't switch the fans off. So how is it possible to record idle noise of 28 db if the fans are spinning at 3k rpm?
Also I can't hear the TV 3m away when the Razer is on unlike when the Asus is on.

Igor Krstevski

all these years Dell has not learned that the minimum brightness on the Display cannot be 34.3 cd/m² , it is impossible to look in the Display in the evening without Dimmer for Display :((((
compare only to the MacBook Pro 15-16 or Thinkpad X1 Extreme, P1 or Zbook Studio, Elitebook 1050... and from Notebookcheck I am waiting for a reaction but nothing for years ;)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview