News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Nvidia adds new vision, speech, and language capabilities to ChatRTX - a free, local chatbot for PCs with Nvidia RTX graphics cards

Started by Redaktion, May 06, 2024, 07:17:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Nvidia has added new vision, speech, and language capabilities to ChatRTX, a free, local AI chatbot that runs on PCs with Nvidia RTX 30 or 40 series graphics cards. Information analyzed by ChatRTX is not sent online and is kept private.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Nvidia-adds-new-vision-speech-and-language-capabilities-to-ChatRTX-a-free-local-chatbot-for-PCs-with-Nvidia-RTX-graphics-cards.834399.0.html

Gee

If Nvidia were honest they shouldn't brag about this feature. These models are so small that they are not attractive for anyone who knows their CPU options. You can run much larger and therefore much more knowledgeable models, like Mixtral 8x7b, using CPUs and 4-bit quantization, as long as you have 32GB memory. Nvidia has been so stingy on VRAM for quite a while now, and it is now backfiring.

Wee

Quote from: Gee on May 06, 2024, 07:44:30If Nvidia were honest they shouldn't brag about this feature. These models are so small that they are not attractive for anyone who knows their CPU options. You can run much larger and therefore much more knowledgeable models, like Mixtral 8x7b, using CPUs and 4-bit quantization, as long as you have 32GB memory. Nvidia has been so stingy on VRAM for quite a while now, and it is now backfiring.

Why would they try to be honest for? They're intentionally trying to exit the consumer market and become a data center AI company only. They don't care and want to leave as soon as possible lol.

May I ask what exactly must you use LLMs for that is a must have task or killer app for your use case?

I still have currently zero use for any of these models. At first I thought it was me just being ignorant but after talking to several extremely senior professional open source software developers, their opinion is much of the same.

Hope this bubble burst soon like crypto because tired of articles and coverage on it. Who has it helped thus far besides raising the stock prices of multibillion $ corporations. I actually know 0 individuals LLMs have helped.

A

Quote from: Wee on May 06, 2024, 18:00:33Why would they try to be honest for? They're intentionally trying to exit the consumer market and become a data center AI company only. They don't care and want to leave as soon as possible lol.

May I ask what exactly must you use LLMs for that is a must have task or killer app for your use case?

I still have currently zero use for any of these models. At first I thought it was me just being ignorant but after talking to several extremely senior professional open source software developers, their opinion is much of the same.

Hope this bubble burst soon like crypto because tired of articles and coverage on it. Who has it helped thus far besides raising the stock prices of multibillion $ corporations. I actually know 0 individuals LLMs have helped.

The best use cases for these kind of things are assistants. For example you are looking for something, instead of manually finding dozens of sites you have it find them for you, compile it (but make sure you have it give you sources to double check). Thus saving you time

Other use cases is have it port code from 1 language to another or write functions for you. Of course the code it outputs is poor, but that can be fixed up, saving time

Image generating is also popular for making fanart and wallpapers

Grammar checking and assisting in phrasing

Doing trial and error stuff

Improved voice to text and text to voice

Personal assistant

Lots of use cases for it. But anyone who thinks they will replace competent people is kidding themselves, it is for assistance and nothing more

Tony

Quote from: Wee on May 06, 2024, 18:00:33Hope this bubble burst soon like crypto because tired of articles and coverage on it. Who has it helped thus far besides raising the stock prices of multibillion $ corporations. I actually know 0 individuals LLMs have helped.
The AI of today are like young children. 10 years ago, they were like infants. LLMs are still experimental, and you'll probably not see them production ready just yet, but they'll get there soon enough. The growth just the past 2 years has been explosive.
The Holy Grail is a "Seed AI", which can learn and improve itself (in all and every aspect) without any intervention from a human.
If you've read or seen any sci-fi the past 40+ years, that kind of AI has always been a dream.

Just because you're tired of it doesn't mean it's gonna go away. It's because of those multi-billion dollar/rich companies you get to live such a comfortable, complacent life.

People probably said the same thing about the industrialization of the world. "No one is gonna use this so-called machine", "No one is ever gonna use computers", "portable phones? What a waste of time and money", "electricity? What a joke", "guns are for wimps", but here we are. But by all means, if you're against technology and the advances, as it seems, feel free live naked in the forest, scavenging for berries, nuts and the like.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview